Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very frustrating cut problems

I still haven't gotten back to it. My twins were born 2 days after the last post, and pretty much that and the actual money-making side of my business have been consuming all my time ever since. That said, I think it's a bit deflection problem.

I have had a problem like this sometimes and what I found is that there was a small node on the drawing that I couldn't see until i was zoomed way in.
    This could be creating the issue. Check out the drawing very very very closely. In my experience the cnc cuts exactly what you tell it to even if that is not what you meant.

I don't see how it could be bit deflection unless the bit is 2" long or more. I constantly use a bit with 1-1/2" cutting depth cutting through 1" maple ply and have never had a problem with deflection.
    Laser - Universal PLS 6.60; CNC Router - Gerber 408
    Corel 9 & Corel X2
    Hollow Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    My twins were born 2 days after the last post,
    John, it sounds like you've really got your hands full now! Congratulations on the twins, I can't imagine raising more than one at a time, (I have a friend at work that had triplets!)
    When you get back to the CNC, I would suggest trying a different (larger) bit to eliminate the deflection premise, also try cutting in a different section of the table to eliminate possibility of a bad spot on the tracks or gears and as others have suggested, try different settings in the toolpath. Hope this helps.
    Paul
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.