Thread: 2014 Daytona 500

Blog Entries

2014 Daytona 500

Good luck everyone.

I need to pick a new favorite driver to root for. I've been a Mark Martin since about 1990. He's not driving this year.

I'll probably pick one of the Rousch drivers. Maybe Carl Edwards, like that back flip.

Doesn't seem to me to be as many Fords this year as there used to be.

PHM

Carl is my driver. One of the most straight forward drivers there is.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

It'll be interesting to see if Kyle Larson lives up to expectations. I could be wrong but I personally think he needed another year or two in NW.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Carl is my driver. One of the most straight forward drivers there is.
    I don't follow auto racing, but doesn't part of the sport involve turning?
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

How many wrecks did Austin Dillon cause? I counted at least three. Hey! That's his car number. Is he going to cause more next race? Stand by for news!
    Last edited by Joe Tilson; 02-24-2014 at 7:36 PM. Reason: Grammer

I had Kyle and Austin as Fantasy picks. What a mess up that was.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I like Austin but he shouldn’t try to run with the big boy plate racers without some experience. He needed to keep a low profile last night and learn. He has a few phone calls to make..

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Carl Edwards, and Greg Biffle. I used to follow Mark Martin and Matt Kenseth. Mark is not driving, and Kenseth went to the dark side. Way back I followed Davey Allison and Alan Kulwicki.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I like Austin but he shouldn’t try to run with the big boy plate racers without some experience. He needed to keep a low profile last night and learn. He has a few phone calls to make..
    I think Harvick should be apologizing to a few car owners this week too. Wonder what was he thinking when he turned right in the middle of a corner and took out a dozen other cars...
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    I used to follow Mark Martin and Matt Kenseth. Mark is not driving, and Kenseth went to the dark side.
    George
    Matt didn't go to the dark side, it went to the good side, Gibbs Racing with Denny and Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    I think Harvick should be apologizing to a few car owners this week too. Wonder what was he thinking when he turned right in the middle of a corner and took out a dozen other cars...
    Harvick will never make the phone call because he never makes a mistake. (That's what he believes, anyway.)

Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post

I just rewatched that crash and he hit the wall before he went into the crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    Matt didn't go to the dark side, it went to the good side, Gibbs Racing with Denny and Kyle.
    Dark side = Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    I don't follow auto racing, but doesn't part of the sport involve turning?
    Somehow it all works out; the turns they miss on the oval track, other drivers make up for on quarter mile track.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I just rewatched that crash and he hit the wall before he went into the crowd
    I don't think that's the same incident. At lap 145, he clearly moved up into the car above him and started the crash.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher