Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Life is extremely hard sometimes -

Life is extremely hard sometimes -

For months, I have been anxiously awaiting to post that I have joined the ranks of grandfather for my first grandchild, Soren Immanuel Kelly, was born yesterday at 12:40 pm. However, because of complications little Soren passed away only 1 hour later in ER at a hospital. It was horrible. We were at a natural birthing center and the whole family was there. I bet I rubbed my daughter’s back for at least 5 hours listening to her cry out from the pain of labor while she held on to her husband. This was her first child and the 14 hour long labor was an unusually difficult. Everything was just fine until the very end at the push stage. When Soren was born, the “ very rare short cord” had snapped during the last two pushes and he was rushed to the hospital where his life ended. That was a 38-hour day for our family that ended in sadness and pain. NO woman should have to go through what she did only to lose the baby. I guess we are blessed that we did not lose our daughter as well.

Today instead of happily caring for their new son, they are planning his funeral. This is a very sad day for them and the rest of our family. My daughter and her husband went to extremes to buy everything that had all of the new safety features and create the perfect room for him. Today it is empty and quiet.

I lost my first-born son in 1968 and went on the have two daughters. Because I never had a son, I was so looking forward to having a little boy to have fun in the shop with. We were going to make toys and do guy stuff. I only hope someday they can have another baby.

My wife took the time to learn an irish lullaby to sing to him and made many baby booties for him.

My daughters missed having a grandfather and I was hoping Rachel could experience it through Soren.

Please keep Rachel and Shawn, and our family in your prayers and it is a very hard time now. We cannot stop crying for now. Time will heal the hurt though.

Cherish your family every day, as life is fragile.
    Last edited by Raymond Fries; 02-25-2014 at 6:11 PM.

Raymond, I am very sorry for your loss.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Raymond, so sorry to hear this. Praying for everyone to find peace.
    Universal Laser ILS 12.150D (48"x24") 135 watts total, with 60 watt and 75 watt laser cartridges. Class 4 Module (pass thru ability). Photograv 3.0, Corel X6, Adobe Design Standard CS4 Suite, Engrave Lab laser Version 8, Melco Single Head Comercial Embroidery Machine, The Magic Touch System with Oki C711WT printer, and Graphtec CE6000-60 plotter.

Raymond,

Words cannot express my sympathies. I too lost a son (close to adopting). Comfort comes from scripture.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit"

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Life can be extremely harsh at times.

My first child was delivered in an emergency section because her fetal heart beat had slowed considerably. As she was delivered...I heard the Dr. and the nurses counting...one...two...three...four...five...six.. ...

The umbilical cord had become wrapped around her neck six times during pregnancy and she was literally being asphyxiated. After several months in the hospital she, thankfully, resolved as a generally normal and wonderful child.

Just curious....do birthing centers electronically monitor the baby and the mother during birth? Given the tragic genetic shortfall it might be something to consider the next time.

Which I am sure there will be...and the outcome will be indescribably wonderful!

Raymond, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family during this extremely sad time. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Raymond, I'm so sorry for your loss. My family nearly lost mom and baby when my last daughter was born, it worked out ok eventually, but I can imagine what your family is feeling. It's pretty hard to imagine anything worse. Best wishes.

I'm terribly, terribly sad to hear this. There is nothing worse.

May God keep him close.

Fred

Your family is in my prayers.

Raymond, my deepest and sincerest sympathy for you and your family. Blessings to all of you.

My prayers started as I read your post Raymond.

Greg a buddy of mine lost both his wife and his second baby to a rare childbirth condition 10 years ago. I'll never forget the look on his face the day he told me. He was so lost in the pain. He had to raise his 2 year old boy without the woman they both loved. I'd see him several times every summer with his son. It took 2 or 3 years for the pain to leave his face. Eventually he seemed OK, not in much pain. The last time I saw him he beamed a smile and introduced me to his new wife and child. They looked happier than other families to me. My guess is when you survive a loss that huge, maybe you appreciate life more?
    Last edited by Andrew Joiner; 02-25-2014 at 8:01 PM.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

My prayers are with you and your family.

Sorry to hear of your loss Ray

best wishes

Dave
    You did what !

That is so sad to hear Ray. Bless you and your family.

I'm so very, very sorry. I will certainly pray for you and your family.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.