Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't upload images today

Can't upload images today

Hi,
    Does anyone know why I can't post photos from my computer today? I have posted photos many times but suddenly it doesn't work.
    I am on a Mac, fairly new.
    When I go to "insert image," then "select files," nothing happens. Normally, "select files" will bring up a finder window. If I control-click on the "select files" button, I see "no movie selected" and "about Adobe flash."
    If I click on "basic uploader," I can select the image, but when I click "upload files," I get the message "upload of files failed."
    This happens in Safari and Firefox, with whatever images I try. Very frustrating!
    Any help is appreciated.

- Steve

It works fine for me. I'm on a PC.

What is your file size?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Update: I was able to get it to work through basic uploader after I compressed the images (thanks Bruce) , but the normal way (clicking on "insert image") still doesn't work. I'm suspecting it has something to do with Adobe flash, but I'm not really sure.

I've got the same problem. It worked a few times with compressing but now nothing I take pics of will post. Don't know why but for whatever reason it isn't working for me. I haven't tried in a few months but maybe now I should. According to the moderator's response, none of my pics exceeded the file size limit. But when the pics did post, they only did so if I compressed them and I tried 4 different programs.

Your file size must be no larger than what is shown on this list.

Filetype Max File-size Max Width
    bmp 107.8 KB -
    cdr 488.3 KB -
    doc 107.8 KB -
    dwg 97.7 KB -
    dxf 97.7 KB -
    eps 107.8 KB
    gif 107.8 KB 1200
    jpe 107.8 KB -
    jpeg 107.8 KB 1200
    jpg 107.8 KB 1200
    pdf 156.3 KB -
    png 107.8 KB 1200
    psd 107.8 KB -
    skp 97.7 KB -
    txt 107.8 KB -
    wmf 101.6 KB -
    xls 97.7 KB -
    zip 1.91 MB -

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    Steve,

You are not alone. I have been having trouble of late also.

The upload window used to look like this:

Former File Upload.png

Now it looks like this:

File Upload Manager.jpg

I sent an email to Keith Outten and he said I must have clicked on the Basic Uploader selection and to go back and unselect it.

I do not see any option to unselect.

What is weird now is my message is showing the images as it is being composed. Usually it shows text about an attachment.

This all started after last weekend's shut down for maintenance which is why I asked Keith if there was new software or something.

Hope someone has an answer to these problems. I am not about to go buy a windows machine to make something right just because some programer somewhere has no idea how to make things work across different systems.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Jim, go to Settings, General Settings, and scroll down to Enhanced Attachment Uploading: and choose which option you want. The first option is a basic upload, the second is more advanced with drag & drop.
    Hopefully one of these will work for you.

Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Steve,

You are not alone. I have been having trouble of late also.…

This all started after last weekend's shut down for maintenance which is why I asked Keith if there was new software or something.

Hope someone has an answer to these problems. I am not about to go buy a windows machine to make something right just because some programer somewhere has no idea how to make things work across different systems.

jtk
    Jim,
    Thanks for your response. I also did not have a problem until after the maintenance shutdown.
    The vibe I am getting from the Bruce, the moderator in this thread, is that everything is fine and we are all just doing something wrong. It would be nice if instead it was acknowledged that there is a problem. Jim, Ralph, and I are veteran posters who have posted many images. It seems unlikely that we have all suddenly become morons who forgot how to post images.

Blog Entries
    Bruce,

Thanks for the response to my situation.

Hopefully one of these will work for you.
    Alas, neither choice made a change. I did save the changes. I am wondering if "reset fields" would have an effect.

I have already caused household problems by getting rid of my browsers cookies in hopes that getting rid of them might return me to a previous state. My significant other is great at making up user names and passwords. Not so great if they need to be remembered.

Maybe it is time to call on Dr. Google to see what 'e knows about vB4 software issues.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Jim,

We didn't make any software changes last week, just new network hardware and battery backup systems installed. I have an iMac that I use as a daily workstation and I can't duplicate the problem you are having.....not yet anyway. I also have a Macbook that I will use to try and duplicate the issue as well but it will be this afternoon before I can get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Voigt View Post
    The vibe I am getting from the Bruce, the moderator in this thread, is that everything is fine and we are all just doing something wrong. It would be nice if instead it was acknowledged that there is a problem. Jim, Ralph, and I are veteran posters who have posted many images. It seems unlikely that we have all suddenly become morons who forgot how to post images.
    I don’t know why you are getting that vibe Steve, my only intent was to provide options to look at.

Andy Rooney

Is anyone else still having problems? I am doing the same thing I've done to upload other pictures without any luck. I've tried my phone, IE8 and Google Chrome.

This is a test.

Uploaded with an iMac OSX 10.9.2 and Chrome Browser Version 33.0.1750.117.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-28-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Those of you who are having problems:

What OS are you using and what browser?
    Are you resizing your pictures to get the file size within the limits?
    Please provide the specific error you are receiving.

I took some new pictures making sure the file size was small enough and they uploaded fine.