Thread: Hurricane HTC100 Jaws

Hurricane HTC100 Jaws

If anyone has the Hurricane HTC 100 and the large serrated jaws can I get a measurement?
    I have the chuck which I purchased for my daughter. My question is, on the large jaws you can get dovetail or serrated. The depth does not matter on the dovetail jaws but how deep are the serrated jaws are inside? I can't tell from the pictures. She may want to try some shallow end grain mount. I have Nova's but in their line they have the standard 100mm bowl and the serrated interior powergrips which are very deep.
    If the both HTC's are the same depth inside I will go with the dovetail but if the serrated are deeper I will go with the serrated.
    I know the HTC 100's jaws will not fit the 125's so the depth of the jaws may also be different.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe

Mike, I just noticed that you haven't had any replies. If events haven't overtaken this, I suggest you give Steve Fulgoni a call at The Woodturning Store and ask him directly. Very nice fellow, and he'll know, for sure. (631) 421-8665.

David