Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PATINA show next weekend

PATINA show next weekend

Hi Folks,
    I just learned that the PATINA show in Damascus, MD is next Saturday, the 15th. Anyone here ever gone? It's a two hour drive so I'm not sure it's in the cards for me. Is it worth it? The website says over 50 dealers will be there so it sounds like any and every tool will be available!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm going be close to there next week anyway.

It's about 1 hr 15 min for me according to google. I've never been so will give it a try. I could do a lot worse than spending time with tool perverts.

Definitely worth it if you enjoy looking at or buying old tools. It's one of the bigger tool events in the area. You probably can find just about anything you might want (unless you really need it, and then it will never turn up).

Tailgating starts at 0-dark-thirty (remember a flashlight or headlamp), and is probably worth the drive by itself. It's a close call as to whether there are more tools for sale inside or out.

Like Isaac said! If you're looking to buy or sell tools, definitely worth it!
    I've gone for the past 3 or 4 years, and plan on going again on Saturday. The tailgating is probably as big as the inside sales.
    Paul

I have been before and was planning on going this year but work screwed me and i have to work next Sat. I might try to get there at 6:30am and spend an hour or so before work. From what I have seen it is a little more collector based inside and true trunk sales outside. There are some deals inside as well though. The rule is to get there early cause the outside guys that have anything of value sell them off early and quick. Of course it depends on what you are looking for....

Looks like I'm getting up early. Ain't been in Damascus since the early 7O's.

Been going for years, though 2013 was the first I missed in a long while. I'm planning on being there, though I won't arrive on "Issac time"!

(and no, it is not worth it, just a bunch of tools, not a single painted saw or sock monkey to be found anywhere!)
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

I'm heading out there with Paul....Gonna have to get up at 4am at the absolute latest to make it out to Paul's in Delaware by 5am so we can than make the drive out to MD. That's gonna hurt...I better skip happy hour this Friday.
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

I got work to let me come in at 9:00 so I will be there at sun up and have to leave at 8:30 as I work about a half hour away. I always like rummaging through the outdoor venders stuff more than inside anyway...

Stop by and say Hi. Look for the ugliest van in the lot. The one with the "Paul's Woodshop" signs on it.
    Paul

I've gotten there several times around 10:00 am or later, and there were still plenty of nice tools at decent prices, both inside and from tailgating. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Dunne View Post
    I've gotten there several times around 10:00 am or later, and there were still plenty of nice tools at decent prices, both inside and from tailgating. Highly recommended.
    Some of the best buys occur when everyone moves inside and the outside guys start knocking down and don't want to pack back all those heavy tools!!
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

I managed to spend an hour today at PATINA. Was able to grab a nice Rebate (SP) plane and a saw vice that was hand made many years ago but really well done. I know no pics never happened. Ill try to post them tomorrow. For me I thought there was a nice amount of tools this year. This was the first time I arrived before 7:00 so maybe that had something to do with it. All in all as usual I had a good time and left with some nice stuff and still had some cash in my pockets ...

Quote Originally Posted by john davey View Post
    I managed to spend an hour today at PATINA. Was able to grab a nice Rebate (SP) plane and a saw vice that was hand made many years ago but really well done. I know no pics never happened. Ill try to post them tomorrow. For me I thought there was a nice amount of tools this year. This was the first time I arrived before 7:00 so maybe that had something to do with it. All in all as usual I had a good time and left with some nice stuff and still had some cash in my pockets ...
    Cool! Jeff Bartley and I made the trip from VA and had a good ole time. I only got a couple things, but the Stanley no.18 bevel gauge was a really nice score. Might have to have a little ceremony and take a sledgehammer to my POS bevel gauge that's been tormenting me for years.
    Got to meet Isaac S., Chris G., and Paul I. Wish I could have met some more of y'all that were there!