Thread: This years brew spoon - hop vine with leaves

This years brew spoon - hop vine with leaves

Decorative mash paddle/brew spoon in walnut (cut out of a friends tree a couple years ago) with wrapped hop vine with leaves and cones. This was my first shot at doing leaves, was probably a little overly ambitious trying to do them in the round up front .

C&C welcome

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1713.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG

The happy recipient from the brewclub competition for scale.

IMG_1726.jpg

That is outstanding. Do you have any pics that document the process of making that. I would enjoy learning how to make one.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kasman View Post
    That is outstanding. Do you have any pics that document the process of making that. I would enjoy learning how to make one.
    Little late on the response here - missed your post. Thanks for the compliment!

Heh, well my "process" isn't very sophisticated. Sorry I didn't take any pics along the way (I keep meaning to but just never really get to it). The basic techniques I followed along the way here are basically the same as those used to do most relief carving, I sure wouldn't take lessons from me at this point on that part there are a good number of folks here that are waay better than me at it

For a overview from someone with a lot more skills than I have do, check out Mark Yundt's work on here a lot of what he does is similar in principal (but imho much better done).

Nice spoon. I gotta try carving sometime.

Enjoy Life...