Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood Gear Clocks

I have one more video about the clock. It is done and it is working good but I haven't done the final video yet. It has been a real fun project and I've loved it. I can't wait to start the next one.
    Thanks Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry Honkanen; 03-15-2014 at 3:31 PM.

The clock is now keeping time. I have left to clean it up and make one more video. It has been a real fun project.
    Thank you for looking in.
    Jerry

i tried cutting gears with a laser and that seems to be ok
    i posted the results on the engraving forum
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stan kern; 03-15-2014 at 3:12 PM.

I'm just starting my clock and have launched into the pie shaped laminating too. I am using purple heart and gorilla glue. Why do you think it broke?

It probably would have been good If I would have followed the directions. They said to glue and let it set to get dried out before cutting it. I didn't want to wait a year so I pushed it because I thought the lumber was dry enough. It was also mentioned that it might brake anyway, so make some extras. Or use Baltic Burch Plywood. I did consider making the spokes out of Red Oak and a hub out of Baltic Burch for the gear teeth.
    Jerry

wooden clock

when you don't have directions is hard to figure out the placement of the gears
    I feel its going to look cooler than it will actually run
    Secondly the conversion form metric to imperial seems to have created strange shaft sizes like .3987( would have been better ate 1/4 5/16 or 3.8)

wooden clock

assembled but gears abd weight not setup

Looks real good. Like to see it working.
    Thanks Jerry