Thread: Clearvue straight transition assembly question

Clearvue straight transition assembly question

Putting together a clearvue cyclone and trying to put the straight transition on the blower housing. Anyone done this and how did it go? You're supposed to insert a couple block spacers which each have two holes and tighten the housing to hold them in place. If I tighten this at all it can cause the blower housing plexiglass (name?) to bow. Am I missing something. I'll call clearview tomorrow but thought I'd get some advice from u who have done this.
    Bob C

Sorry Bob, must be different than the original that Ed sold. Mine just had the rectangular to round adaptor that press fit into the cyclone body. I drill 4 holes and use some plastic screws and nuts (screw head on the inside) and silicone to hold it all together. When I slide the pipe in and twist, there is no deviation of the PTEG of the body. Or am I not reading what you are asking correctly? I bet ClearVue will sort it out for you with the phone call. You might try the ClearVue forum also and see if anyone has any ideas.
    Congrats on the new cyclone! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Bob it sounds like you are actually referring to the 90 degree filter transition. The intake chute transition piece slip into the ramped intake and is attache with about 4 small screws. Here is a nice video from TWW's site having his CV1800 installed by the folks at CV. Hope it helps.

+1..
    the square to round adapter is for the inlet.
    the 90* is or the outlet..
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

Sorry I should have been more clear. I am not using a 90 outlet but instead ordered the straight transition. I'll give them a call and let u know what I learn
    Bob C

It is a while since I put one together but I don't recall any issues. The two small pieces of MDF are supposed to quieten the exhaust, exactly how this works I don't know.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I built my own transition from my CV1800 blower outlet before ClearVue Cyclones provided the option. I used a sheet of galvanized steel b=from my local BORG and software I downloaded from the web, found here. It yielded a nice smooth transition (I used pop rivets on the seams) that works well.

here's a couple pictures...i didn't think about calling them until after 5pm est so they were closed. As you can see the bowing on the left. That happens if i tighten the through bolt enough to hold the white block in place <-- maybe that's too tight but the instructions are not clear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob C

Yeah see...I was thinking inlet, you are talking about outlet. I made my own before it was a CV option also. The blocks you show take the place of the design of the filter transition. I duplicated the filter transition set up and made like the filter transition, only goes straight. DSCN1291.jpg Then this contraption attaches to it. DSCN1316.jpg And hooks up to the inside of these.DSCN1300.jpg 8" adjustable el to 8-6-6 metal wye, to 6" flex to 6" louvered outlets. Works great!
    Still doesn't answer your question. Are you like me and over tighten everything? If you are worried about the seal, after tightened just before it bows, then put a small bead of silicone on the outside and let it dry. It will be fine. But see what CV says...again the setup you have and the one I got from Ed Morgano, original CV owner, is different. Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 03-12-2014 at 9:55 PM.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I just put my CV-MAX together last month. I think the whole part where the manual is talking of loosening then tightening the bolts holding the top and bottom plates of the blower assembly are to allow the insertion of the white MDF filler pieces. My white MDF filler pieces weren't cut too accurately (with respect to length) and I could just put them in without loosening the blower housing bolts. My MDF filler pieces were also pre-drilled (accurately and they were labeled left and right) to allow passage of the fasteners that hold the transition on. Yours don't appear to be.

I think those pieces are just there to fill the gap between the outer edge of the MDF pieces that comprise the top and bottom plates of the blower housing and the PETG sheet that forms the blower wall and the transition piece. The fasteners that run through those spacer pieces will help pull the PETG of the blower housing flat. You may want to measure to see if MDF top and bottom plates are parallel or if they are a little close there out the housing outlet.

I had to use a ton of caulking to seal up the blower housing- particularly around the straight transition.
    Good luck and be sure to post completion pics!