Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Well, another weekend has come and gone. Now, this was a special weekend due to it being Father's Day Weekend and I just KNOW that it had to be special for some of you.

I didn't go in the shop at all this weekend. Still working on "work" stuff off and on even over the weekend. My oldest two kids got back from a mission trip to Mexico on Saturday evening and we were very glad to see them back safely. To celebrate Father's Day and them getting back home safely, we went to Chilli's and at dinner. We just recently got our first Chilli's restaurant and it stays packed most of the time, but since it was after 8PM Saturday night, we were able to walk right in instead of standing in line outside.

I also worked on figuring out the materials list for a cabinet job I have taken. This will be my first "real" cabinet job, so I'm a bit nervous about it but I'm also excited about it..

The biggest thing I did all weekend was go and help Mark Cothren on framing up his new shop. The wall framing was done on Thursday evening and we got the ceiling and roof stick-framed Saturday and half the roof received decking.

Today? It's back to work at "work" and then back over to Mark's after work today to get more of the final framing stuff done and get it all ready for doors and windows.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Chili's...mmm...Southwestern Egg Rolls...yum!!

Yes, there was woodworking this weekend!! A Quickie Project for a small table as detailed in another thread kept my attention for part of the time. Additionally, there was lawn mowing and tree trimming. I wanted to get the grouting done on the patio project to finish it off, but the weather remained too threatening...I didn't want rain to interfere with that. (It didn't rain anyway, despite the black clouds...)

And then there was the shopping. Buying some clothes for kids that are 13,000 miles away is a real exercise in faith! We only have height and weight...from November...to go by.

'Hope all you dads had a great Fathers Day!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

All I did was get some finish (Witches Brew) on one of my Super Secret projects I have all of the woodworking on the 3 super secret projects done I have finished one of them and have started finishing the second (On sunday).

On Saturday I spent the day building a deck for on of my dad's neighbors. Deck building is something I REALLY enjoy!

Hope everyone has a good week!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

We want to see pictures of the secret projects, Jeff...it's required!!

Saturday morning recovered from having 11 relatives with us for 6 days and teen grandkids for an additioal 4. Saturday afternoon.....mud butt joints in shop ceiling.

Sunday.....prep ceiling for 2nd coat of mud and mud tapered joints...I hate joint compound.....I hate applying joint compound......Did I mention I don't like finishing drywall?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Got a little work done on my chest on chest/ TV amoire (I haven't figured out what to call it yet). Don't worry, it has another door- I just set one up there to show how it looks together. Still to do: scrape and sand doors, fit doors, apply hardware, finish sanding molding, fit and scrape/sand drawers, sand case, stain and finish. Lots to do yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ernie Hobbs
    Winston-Salem, NC

I'm sore, but the deck is done. Just in time for vacation.

Jay
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jay St. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    We want to see pictures of the secret projects, Jeff...it's required!!
    Jim, you and John Miliunas both!! Though John is close enough to come look.

Anyway, I hereby promise that I WILL post pics when I am able to. Right now I can not, for unspecified reasons!!

How's that for a reply?
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Flipped back and forth betweenWW and working on my old car - 1963 Falcon -
    Fixed the fuel sender, worked on the front quarter panel, started the dash re-wire

Memorial box...added the ebony keys, flush trimed and flushed to the box.

Went to an antique fair in the garlic capital of the world - Gilroy (20 min south of San Jose, CA) Found a very nice Stanley 110 block plane...talked them down to $30. Will make a great user. I will post pics in the Neader area.

Really enjoyed being dad and spending time with my wife.

Jon

More house lookers this week, so limited shop time. I did get in Saturday night and made good progress on the kitchen cabinets.

Sunday we had a family reunion so again little shop time.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    So what did YOU do this weekend?
    No woodworking. Apart from sleeping and browsing woodworking forums I finally conviced myself to start to learn for the coming exams. I can already feel that I MUST buy another tool when this semester is over .

Regards,

Christian
    "On Wednesday, when the sky is blue,
    And I have nothing else to do,
    I sometimes wonder if it's true
    That who is what and what is who."

(A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh)

Spent the weekend trying to tear up the basement floor, Septic system backed up a week ago, freak thing happened to the backspash piece in the first tank......As for the floor, I laid it 14 years ago, studs are ramset then there is 3/4 plywood that is glued and screwed into 2 X 4's, on top of that is Ash hardwood flooring that is also glued and nailed....what a nightmare this is going to be. Two days and I don't have much more than an 12' X 16' section of a 38 X 32 floor to do

Good Morning,

A great Father's Day weekend here in Ohio. I spent time with my wife and two girls and talked with my Dad via phone. We attended a Low Country Boil at the home of some close friends and sampled some outstanding Tequilas.

I actually finished a project this weekend which is an accomplishment in itself for a novice like me. It is a small cabinet to hold router bits and other router table tools so they are close by while working. I came up with the design after looking at many in magazines and on line.

Have a good week.

Ron Robinson

I hope the pictures are attached, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Ron Robinson; 11-21-2005 at 1:46 PM.

I got to spend about 5 hrs Sat in the shop, and all day Sunday. I'm almost finished running the wire for the entire shop. I'm short about 3 fixture boxes, and about 25 feet or so of wire. But the money well just dried up. :-( I'm going to have to wait a while for lights. Talking to my Dad yesterday, he offered the lights he took out of his shop when he converted 1/2 over to living quarters. I'm thinking of borrowing them for a while so I can get some light in the shop, and also so I can complete the electrical runs and get the electrical inspection. I can always change out and add on later, but be able to possibly use the shop in the mean time. I knew the day was coming, I just hoped I'd get the lights purchased before it did. Oh well!!! Life goes on. Jim.

Unfortunately I did not get any shop time in this weekend. I've been remodeling our master bath for the past 5 months. This weekend was spent tiling the shower surround. I'm 80% done! Just have to do the edging and a small back wall. Then it is time to work on the vanity in the shop!

Mike