Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

No woodworking here either. Sunday was a great! Father's day. My parents, sister and her family and my family did a trip to Detroit for the Tigers vs Giants game. Then dinner for all on the way home. Nice family get-a-way for all involved.

No WW here either. Did massive lawn maintenance and went to the Pistons game. I need another weekend to rest up.
    Jim

No WW here. My weekend was rather short. I had to go to corp. meetings in Dallas last week and didn't get home until Sat Night. I helped my son with his cars on Sunday (Thats another story) and spent some time spoiling my grand daughter.

Made some candle boxes (yet again) I'll get pictures of them once they're finished, they're really nothing to speak about, just simple boxes. made almost 100% with hand tools though. (I didn't thickness plane the rough stock by hand. )

Some yard work around the trees and what not. Picked some cherries (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=21469) Well ALOT of cherries.

Had a couple of nice cigars and relaxed alot.

And now I have added another project to my list thanks to Ron. I NEED one of those router bit things for myself.
    Last edited by Keith Christopher; 06-20-2005 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Young
    No WW here either. Did massive lawn maintenance and went to the Pistons game. I need another weekend to rest up.
    Yeah, but if you're a Pistons fan, you only have until Tuesday to recover . I still can't believe the Lakers let Horry get away !

Blog Entries
    No shop time this past weekend - but a multitude of things done regardless. Friday night found me ripping down all of the old faux paneling and some of the drywall in the mud room and Saturday morning I got a bit more of the drywall down. Couldn't finish doing that since the new kitchen range was due to be delivered (and it was) so I needed to do the hook-up of that and move it into place. Saturday night it was off to the local dirt track where I saw some fantastic racing. The current point leader is a driver who I used to do quite a bit of press and public relations work for. He finished third Saturday night.

Sunday morn, I hooked up with Mr. Becker to move some firewood and Sunday afternoon it was the usual gang of suspects coming over to enjoy the new bar room and to watch the weekly NASCAR race.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fred Voorhees; 06-20-2005 at 6:37 PM.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Got my garage floor done (mostly)!!!!! See my Garage Gut posting....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Did my near-weekly run to Pasadena to look at the hardwood stores (Arroyo and Rockler). Picked up some more 8/4 hard maple and took advantage of Rockler's sale price on veneer. I've not done any veneer work, but we have a couple living room tables that have messed-up tops, so I'll use them as a learning experience. Also finished up a cutting board that was ordered last week, and started on yet another.

The other shop-related project was on the computer, tweaking the text and layout for the brochure that accompanies each cutting board I sell.

The rest of the weekend was consumed with other house and yard chores. Father's Day was a bust for me -- both dogs failed to get me a card.

- Vaughn

Didn't do any woodworking as we headed to St. Louis on Thursday evening for a wedding. Spent the whole weekend visiting with aunts, uncles, and cousins that I only get to see a 1-2 times a year, if that. Got home last night.

I did run to Woodcraft in St. Louis to pick up a few supplies. They were having a 15% off sale, apparently due to the fact they are moving in a week or two. I ended up buying the Starrett 4" double square I've been wanting to get for a while now.

No WW'ing, but I did run about 400' of electrical conduit (and 400' X 3 of 10 ga wire) from the main electrical panel to the driveway gate. Also installed two outlets, and made it live. Next weekend I get to install the gate opener. Maybe, after the opener is in I'll post some pictures in the OT forum.

Oh, and the neat trick was to suck the pull string through the conduit using the shop vac.

Quote Originally Posted by JayStPeter
    I'm sore, but the deck is done. Just in time for vacation.

Jay

Jay,

Great looking deck! You'll get a lot of use out of it.

Bob
    Spinning is good on a lathe, not good in a Miata.