Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any good Father's Day gifts?

Any good Father's Day gifts?

No wood related stuff this year. I did get a package deal to the local spa for a deep tissue Swedish massage, some sort of facial healing(I think there are some sort of "fancy" rocks involved) and a hair cut.

What did you pick up?

A Mk.II Honing Guide from Lee Valley is enroute, so I'll have fewer excuses for not learning how to sharpen my chisels . A couple of books as well. When I got back from a week at scout camp, this was waiting for me:
    [IMG]quiltedm.jpg[/IMG]

(let's pretend there is a picture of some bookmatched quilted maple I won at an internet auction site from my favorite seller. I don't see a picture in the preview)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bb

Got a nice Craftsman Pneumatic 1/2" stapler. Will make installing insulation much less tiring for the addition I'm building my daughter.

Actually, I asked to receive nothing. I got some nice cards and spent the day with family. All I could ask for.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Coffelt
    Actually, I asked to receive nothing. I got some nice cards and spent the day with family. All I could ask for.
    Thats what I ask for too.....but they always go out and "do something"...

I've been too busy with the bathroom remodel to figure out what I wanted. I'm leaning towards a new gas grill (Weber Genesis Silver B). I've used the "nothing" request in the past and meant it. I found out this year that when my wife says "nothing" she really means something

My kids bought me a few music CDs that I enjoyed on my 4 hour round trip to see my dad yesterday.

Kevin

Got a nice Craftsman Pneumatic 1/2" stapler. Will make installing insulation much less tiring for the addition I'm building my daughter.
    That's cool

Next year for Mother's day you should return the favor and buy your wife a brand new vacume with all the bells and whistles to clean the addition.

Isn't it funny that it just doesn't work like that. Reminds me of the scene from Father of the Bride where the girl gets a blender from her fiancee and gets pissed about it.

Stefan

I did not receive any tangible gifts, just a lot of love from my six great kids and bunch of grandkids. One daughter just returned from North Carolina where she had a stem cell transplant and is breast cancer free after many operations. The best gifts of all!
    Jerry

The gift I got was: Time. Time to finish my garage floor while the wife fed and watered me as needed and took care of the kid.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Good food and company with the family
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

hitachi P13F Planer and 2 40" Bessy's

A movie and a watch, which hangs from a belt loop. ( I actually requested the latter, as I can't seem to fit my regular watch over the bandages! ) Spent some great time relaxing with wife and daughter #2. Nice day, in all!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Great day with the total family!! Weather cooperated for the cookout. Most of my gifts were non-WWing but my son did give me a $100 Borg certificate. The best gift was being together and sharing a great time.
    Jerry

Forgot...

Forgot to mention. LOML got me a can of pepper spray for my next encounter with a coyote (separate thread) or maybe she meant the insurance adjuster...
    Jerry

Lightbulb

Sounds dumb but last year it struck me that my sons (4 and 2 yrs. old) are the reason I get to be a main attraction on Fathers Day. So every year I get them a Fathers Day gift. This year it was a chrome ships bell that I mounted at the top of the rope ladder on their playset.
    On some great recommendations from this forum I got a Porter Cable 324mag CS in May as an early Fathers Day gift. The saw was used to build the playset.