Thread: fix an engraveable pen?

fix an engraveable pen?

I had engraved some pens for a customer and he has changed his phone number, but still has a box full of pens with the old number......Is there a way to "fix" them and have them still look good???? tried doing "X" over the old number and putting the new number underneath, but lining it up perfect if VERY hard.....

Thanks!
    T Peruski
    Logimation 80 Watt Laser, Corel Draw X4, Adobe Suite CS6

Your best option is to find a customer with some $$$
    Pete James
    Awardmasters
    40W G Weike

You might try to laser out the old number by making a rectangle black out then laser in the new number in the rectangle, won't look great and probably not cost effective for the customer. Guess he wasn't thinking when he changed his number huh
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

It's not likely but it would help to know the material.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    You might try to laser out the old number by making a rectangle black out then laser in the new number in the rectangle, won't look great and probably not cost effective for the customer. Guess he wasn't thinking when he changed his number huh
    Actually, Bert has the start of a good idea. Do as he says and laser out a rectangle to black out the number. Do a thick color fill inside the entire area and then come back and re-engrave the new number
    Full Spectrum Laser 5th Gen, 45 Watt with Gold Catalyst tube
    Rotary Attachment
    Corel Draw X5
    Complete wood shop.

In my experience (16 years), trying to block out the old info might work but adding new info over that rarely does work. Plus, on a pen, you have very little material to work with. Not many pens have enough 'meat' to allow a double burn. Just my $ .02

Jeff in northern Wisconsin
    SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

Transfer the number to a VOIP provider like flowroute.com and have them forward the number to the new number for $1.99 a month.

Or transfer to floroute and keep the number.

There are options for the owner.
    Legend 24EX, Amaya (Big Red), Server Farm, PBX System Integrator, (5) Shopsmith Mark VII's. Smithy metal 3-1, anything old and grey I will think about buying. " I learn from failure - I learn everyday, but only fail when I refuse to learn."