Thread: Aspire 3D drawing assistance needed

Aspire 3D drawing assistance needed

Can anyone assist me in Aspire to design a 1.25" diameter hole that is slanted 10 degrees from vertical.

The bottom of the hole needs to be .3750" (3/8") deep at the highest level and will slant down 10 degrees to the other side of bottom of the hole, which, as I draw it out in Corel Draw is about .125" slant from one side of the bottom to the other.

So, the result will be that the object that I insert into the hole will have a 10 degree slant from vertical.
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

I did not really understand your description of what you wanted.

Could you just draw a circle, make it a component, select it, and then tilt the component?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

You may be asking for a hole that when tilted produces an undercut ( if I read you right) this cannot happen in aspire, you should go to the Aspire forum for this.

Sounds like you are asking for a simple 1.25" hole 3/8" deep with a ten degree slope towards the center which would look like a hole for a tapered plug. If this is correct you need to use a V-bit with a ten degree angle.

If the angle slopes outward (larger diameter) at the bottom you could first machine the hole with a straight bit then use the keyhole gadget to machine the angle using a ten degree dovetail router bit or an end mill.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-17-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks for all your inputs. As it happens, I also posted on the Vectric forum and Paul Rowntree was kind enough to draw the file for me and I tested it today. I just need to adjust the amount of slant to suit the object that will be sitting in the holes - I am making prototypes now which should lead to a production contract.

It is a simple enough 1.25" diameter hole with a slanted bottom (10 degrees from one side of the bottom of the hole to the other side of the bottom of the hole). I am just using a .25" end mill to cut the slanted holes as there are many other holes to cut as well on the projects. It is just that some of the holes needed a slanted bottom.

Thanks again for your inputs.
    Last edited by Peter Meacham; 03-17-2014 at 6:07 PM.
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.