Thread: JessEm Mast R Fence II

JessEm Mast R Fence II

Thinking about upgrading my router table with one of these, anyone have one?

Opinions and comments?

Thinking about buying it from Northwest Power Tools, they have the best price I can find.

Thanks

George

George, there is nothing wrong with a good fence. But, that is a lot of money. What kind of things are you going to be making? You can often make your own little jigs and fences very easily and customize them to the job you are doing. That is often how it is done.

I have an older pre-Rockler US made 36" Bench Dog ProFence that I love (unfortunately no longer made- Bench Dog/Rockler now offer their longest one at 32" - it's made overseas and weighs about half as much as my 36") If I was in the market today I'd look hard at this 36" one from Woodpeckers. It's $189 at Carbide Processors - Cheapest a quick search netted:
    http://www.carbideprocessors.com/woo...router-fences/.

I like the Woodpecker's fence but it will take to much modification to my table. The Jessem will mount easier to my table. I found the Jessem for the same price as Carbide Processors wants for the Woodpeckers. I also like the Kreg fence but it will also take to modification to my table.

George
    Last edited by George Bokros; 03-17-2014 at 9:52 PM.

I have the Master R Fence, not the II and I will have to say it is a great fence. I think about the only changes is the way they off set the fence for jointing, mine fence uses a flat strip and I think I Like the new way better. It looks like they also made the dust port better, the old one was not near as good as the new one.

The fence is made like all Jessem stuff, like a battle ship. I really like the way it mounts, there are no T tracks or slots in the table top. The fence is square and the fence inserts are very nice, easy to make more if needed.

Now you need to start a penny jar so you can save up and get the slider, I love the slider and use it a lot.

I made a micro adjuster for mine and it works very well, I have now upgraded it and made it better and added an adjustable stop.

Mricro adjuster 2.0.jpg Micro Adjuster.jpg Plans.jpg

I have the jessem mast r fence, don't think it is the II, as the dust port is different, and I love it. also got the slider, don't use it as much but when I do, it works extremely well. you won't be disappointed.

Bill, Just curious what issues are presented by T-Tracks on the table. I've read where you mentioned this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    I made a micro adjuster for mine and it works very well, I have now upgraded it and made it better and added an adjustable stop.
    That micro-adjuster is really slick. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie MacGregor View Post
    Bill, Just curious what issues are presented by T-Tracks on the table. I've read where you mentioned this before.
    I just don't like them, they get full of dust and chip, it is harder to adjust the fence it just doesn't move as easy the ones on the Jessem. The table top is just not a smooth and nice with T-Tracks, I just like a nice smooth flat table.

I am sure it is just me and most guys don't even worry about it, I had one little table with slots in it and that was a real mess, hated it.

Thanks Bill, That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Davidson View Post
    I have an older pre-Rockler US made 36" Bench Dog ProFence that I love (unfortunately no longer made- Bench Dog/Rockler now offer their longest one at 32" - it's made overseas and weighs about half as much as my 36") If I was in the market today I'd look hard at this 36" one from Woodpeckers. It's $189 at Carbide Processors - Cheapest a quick search netted:
    http://www.carbideprocessors.com/woo...router-fences/.
    I have one of those and it is a nice fence, but I got it used for $60. If I hadn't found it, I was going to make one. $180?!