Thread: Another set of Acanthus door inserts.

Another set of Acanthus door inserts.

OK, this is getting boring now. In between jobs I did yet another set of these inserts. Up to 8 now. I guess when you're on a roll.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Woodworking Studio

Do you have your process of carving this on the site somewhere? I would like to see it if not. Thanks!
    "Always Chipping Away"

Mark,
    I love your work. Your musings on this and other sites have given me excellent guidance as I have started out with carving - Thank you!

These look quite delicate, will they be positioned so that they can't be 'handled'?

Regards

Derek

Roger,
    At one time as you know I used to chronicle every step of my carvings . With the work load and time restraints I haven't been doing this lately. I did some basic shots on my blog but there are other stories there that cover similar carving . Ultimately it's all the same thing only different.

Derek
    thanks , glad to know you found some benefit to my ramblings!
    being that these are cabinet door inserts and will be seen on upper cabinets there shouldn't be much chance of rough handling. That and when I designed them most of what could be fragile is secured to the frame itself. Making them look delicate was the goal otherwise they'd look clunky. Trying to carve them while keeping them secured to the bench is when they were most vulnerable . And I did snap at least one of them while carving .
    The Woodworking Studio