Thread: Staying Logged in on iPad

Staying Logged in on iPad

Is there a way to not have to log in every time I visit SMC on my iPad? The PC app remembers my credentials, but iPad doesn't.

Thanks,
    evan

Are you using Safari on your iPad?
    My iPad keeps me logged in as long as I have the SMC "Remember Me" check box checked.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Yes, I'm using Safari. Regardless if I check the "remember me" box, I need to log in each time I open the browser and/or click on the home page link I saved. Not a huge deal, but I'd rather not have to do it.

Evan

I had to log on the first time this morning, but when I closed and reopened my iPad I was still logged in. Maybe it's just a time out feature?
    Closing the browser requires logging in again regardless of the elapsed time.

Blog Entries
    I've never experienced that problem. I almost always access SMC through my iPad. It always remembers me and logs on automatically.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Hmm maybe something is weird with my iPad settings. That's my experience on other forums as well. I thought there might be something different about SMC.

Thanks for the feedback.

That was happening to me also. Then I realized that I had accidentally clicked the "private" button on the lower left hand of the Safari browser. It was highlighted with a solid blue box around it. Tap it again, to get back to the standard mode. Fixed it right away.
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 03-19-2014 at 2:37 PM.
    Dick Mahany.