Thread: Takes two log-ins to log in??

Takes two log-ins to log in??

I've been using Mozilla at home for the past few months, with no problems anywhere. My normal procedure when visiting frequesnt sites is to open a new window, and click on the site i want to go to (user info is cookied). In the past week, when i try to log into SMC, i'd ge a quick view of the SMC header, then the ad banner and quickly a completly white screeen. I could close the browser window, open a new one, and click right into SMC on the second attempt. No problems from there, and SMC is the only site that has happened with.

It late Friday afternoon, i'm caught up with work--so i just logged in from my office (Internet Explorer 9.0.8x). After typing in my name/password, i saw the following message in the area of the ad banner:
    Invalid Redirect URL (http://sawmillcreek.org/)
    Then the loading stopped. (I've seen a message on my home computer, but the screen always went white before i could read it.) Closed the window, opened SMC again, signed in and it's working fine.

When this occurred on my home computer, i blamed the browser. Seeing the same thing from my office (different OS, browser, ISP, computer, etc) makes me wonder...not a problem as long as i can get in on the second attempt, but just odd.

Is it just me??

earl

Earl,

Lets see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem, for now I don't have any idea what could be causing a double login.

Thanks Keith--just confessing the problem seems to have fixed it!! Clicked right in last night and this morning. Seems i should have asked the questions a few weeks ago, wish the rest of my life was that easy!!
    earl

Almost 30 years since we started using computers in the home and they are still a mystery