Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What did/will you buy from Lee Valley during Free Shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    I got nothing. Chris Griggs sent me some ebay links and made me spend all of my money.
    Haha...I'm such a jerk!
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

line and berry tools.

I didn't plan to buy anything but I came into a little unexpected cash this weekend and picked up tool rest for my grinder and a 1/4" Narex mortise chisel. I'm more excited about the wooden dowels I ordered. I can't find imperial sized dowels locally. Even the local Woodcraft sells imperial sized bits and cutters but metric plywood and dowels.
    -- Dan Rode

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

The PM-V11 butt chisels.
    AKA - "The human termite"

Blog Entries
    Just couldn't resist the free shipping this time. Besides the other items mentioned earlier two vise screws were ordered.

After looking at Marko's DIY wagon vise and the other bench threads I figured all that ash has been sitting in my shop long enough to acclimate and this better be the summer of bench building.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I got an 1/8" PM-V11 chisel even though I know nobody needs one.
    I also picked up a couple of books and some non-neander turning tools made by Beall.
    Gary

knew concepts fret saw and a bunch of blades dog gone it!!!!

Tenon cutters to build some 21st century chairs as described by Mike Abbott.
    that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you...
    1 Thessalonians 4:11

Unless someone here tells me I'm silly (and please speak up if something looks wrong).

Right handed Skew rabbet plane
    Medium Shoulder plnae
    Router plane
    Saw file holder and set of files
    2 tail vise screws (1 to make a wagon vice close to what was posted here, 1 to make a leg vise)

Main thing I am debating would be to swap out the shoulder plane for a rabbet block plane to trim shoulders.

Suggestions welcome.

Blog Entries
    The Veritas dovetail and crosscut saw pair and an 8 foot 120 led/ft kit with a pair of power supplies. I'm going to get rid of those nasty halogen light pucks under my kitchen cabinets.

Blog Entries
    Just some small things like the Vise that centers on a drill press and holds all things round and square dead center so that I can drill into the edge of a dowel with ease and such.

some winding sticks and a razor saw.

Pictures are worth 1000 words.... Just got my order today. Still waiting on 2 chisels that were out of stock. Also not pictured is an Eclipse style honing guide. I forgot that the chisels didn't come with the plastic guards so I just placed an order for those. I know guards and the tool roll might be a bit safety overkill, but it will make my girlfriend feel better... and most likely save a few band-aids around the workbench.

Chisels.jpgChisel in Tool Roll.jpgTool Roll Rolled Up.jpg

Honestly, I think someone is more likely to get cut taking the guards on and off. I don't use them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Waldrop View Post
    Pictures are worth 1000 words.... Just got my order today. Still waiting on 2 chisels that were out of stock. Also not pictured is an Eclipse style honing guide. I forgot that the chisels didn't come with the plastic guards so I just placed an order for those. I know guards and the tool roll might be a bit safety overkill, but it will make my girlfriend feel better... and most likely save a few band-aids around the workbench.
    -- Dan Rode

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

The pair of Narex skew chisels for cleaning out half blind dovetails.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Waldrop View Post
    I pulled the trigger on the full 7 piece PM-V11 chisels, the 3-D knit chisel roll, and I am going to give the side clamping honing guide a try.
    I'm a bit annoyed with the pricing on the 7 piece set. I purchased the 5 piece set, and now I'm looking at spending $24 more to get the two narrow ones individually. grrrr....
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.