Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advise in purchasing 16 GB USB Flash Drive

Advise in purchasing 16 GB USB Flash Drive

Can anyone please advise on how to choose a 16 GB USB Flash Drive and suggest a product to buy

regards Brian

I have always been happy with Sandisk but I believe any major brand is a good choice.

If I'm understanding your question correctly, I'd just go with a name brand like SanDisk for $10 or $12.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I always buy the very cheapest ones I can find and they work perfectly until I lose them.

The cheap ones (Ebay) often don't use all available storage space. Get a name brand at a store. It's returnable easily.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I have seen some on those size at Sam's recently fairly cheap. I would also give New Egg a try. I have bought from them numerous times no issues and amazon as well....

Sandisk is a good brand.

To avoid losing my flash drives I keep them in this case. One stays plugged into my car stereo for music. Just a thought. Most have been given to me, various brands, none have failed. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

If you have a Best Buy nearby, they tend to have Toshiba flash drives for very good prices. Toshiba was one of the pioneers of flash memory and own their own fabrication facilities. If you want USB 3, it may be hard to find that in a store. I don't have a USB capable device right now but have bought some USB 3 drives from MicroCenter, they only cost about $1/device more than USB 2 and they should be significantly faster when plugged into a USB 3 capable machine. USB 3 is about 10 times faster than USB 2, theoretical maximums.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 03-23-2014 at 9:35 AM.

Those things are also on sale every weekend at all the office supply places. You can get all the name brands from one place or another. Staples, Office Max, Etc. They go on sale VERY cheap compared to their normal pricing.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Attache-Fl.../dp/B003SGQQQU
    $10, and if you have Prime, shipping is free
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

A huge thank you to everyone for taking the time to post

The PNY Attache III 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive P-FD16GATT03-GE (Black)

suggested by Dan is the front runner

I woud like see other members suggestions

regards Brian

best buy PNY $8.99

I wouldn't agonize too much over a $15 purchase like this. Just grab a brand name one and move on with life. If the files are critical and you can't lose them buy two and copy the files onto both for redundancy.

I've been happy with the 2 HP drives I've purchased. My 8G was from Staples, and the 32G for my wife was from Amazon. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.