Thread: Need advice on MDF storage

Need advice on MDF storage

Does MDF warp if stored standing vertically leaning at a slight angle? I really do not have room to store it flat. I bought a 1/2" x 2' x 4' piece to cut up for woodpecker drill press inserts and really do not need to cut the entire sheet now. I might use some for jigs as well.

Any tips?

Thanks

Its super cheap. Use what you can, store it as best you can, replace it when you need some more. Yes 1/2" MDF warps stored like that.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

3. Ummm, what did that cost you? $5 ?! It's a quarter of a sheet, a whole sheet costs $25. Throw it in a bin and pull it out when and if you ever need it again.

Was thinking the same thing as Nicholas. I store my MDF at Home Depot. If you are really concerned about wasting it, maybe take a few hours and make up a bunch of ZCI blanks for your table saw or something similar. I used to do that about once a year when I had a cabinet saw and it was nice having some at hand.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Fox View Post
    I store my MDF at Home Depot.
    It is called a store for that reason.
    There's no MDF season.