Thread: Just when you think you've seen it all ...

Just when you think you've seen it all ...

This was taken by my wife on her way to work. We have no affiliation with this company, but it was just too weird not to share. scooplepoopdot com. Now i've seen it all. Just how lazy can one be.poop.jpg

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128

How much do you want to bet that they'll get rich with it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Satisfaction guaranteed as well. What do they do with Le Poop if you are not satisfied, give it back.
    Where's the beef.

I think that this occupation has been around for a few years. It seems like I have heard of a company called Pooper Scoopers.
    Where's the beef.

I would wager Americans spend more on their pets than on elder care.

I recall one of the wife swapping shows or something having a guy on it who did the poop scooping for a living (maybe 5 or 6 years ago?).

Some folks have enough money that they don't really need to do anything other than go to work (or not even than - but it seemed he was going through the yards of houses where nobody was home).

When the neighbors across the road had their dog, they hired a poop company for a few years in the spring.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    About 20 years ago I read an article in the paper about a man in Dallas who was a successful, high-level exec with a big company and lived in the Highland Park area of Dallas. He was having a yard party and couldn't find anyone to clean his yard of poop. He started a company to do that, servicing yards on a regular schedule, and within a year he resigned his executive position and was living the same lifestyle based on the income of the pooper scooping company. Many wealthy and/or busy people don't want to or don't have the time to deal with it but they want an attractive yard when guests come over. Makes you wonder why they even have a dog.

I have a former classmate who has a pet food delivery business in Colorado Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    Makes you wonder why they even have a dog.
    Probably for the same reason that they have $40,000 bread/pizza ovens in their back yards - because their neighbors have one.

A lot of well paid people work 65 hour a week and don't have time for much of anything. If they didn't have someone clean up their yard, it wouldn't be much of a yard. Of course it could be argued they shouldn't have dogs, or even children, but they want it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    I would wager Americans spend more on their pets than on elder care.
    Somewhere there are some figures about 'pet' spending versus 'children' spending. Pet spending WAY outdistances child spending...which actually makes sense. People of all ages have pets; not so much for having children.

But the numbers (like two to one) surprised me.