Thread: Maple cup and saucer

Maple cup and saucer

Trying for my first natural edge, but sanded through the bark in one place. The saucer is a little small for the cup, but it started out as a small bowl and ended up as a smaller saucer.
    Of course any comments/suggestions welcome. Thanks for looking.

Ernie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great to me Ernie.

The saucer looks pretty enough by itself to be on a dresser collecting jewelry.
    Bill Esposito
    Click on my user name to see the link to My Personal WoodWorking and Tool Review Pages

Ernie, your first natural edge looks great. My first and only shattered like so much cheap carnival glass. If you were able to get it finished you did a fine job. Your cup needs a handle......
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Really nice Ernie. I really like the wall thickness you've acheived. I have to start getting thinner m'self. Beautiful wood too!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart
    Really nice Ernie. I really like the wall thickness you've acheived. I have to start getting thinner m'self. Beautiful wood too!
    I need to get thinner myself, but I love ice cream
    Bill Esposito
    Click on my user name to see the link to My Personal WoodWorking and Tool Review Pages