Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I find a competent vinyl installer?

So today unexpectedly got warmer than forecast and was sunny so I set it out to warm up a little pulled it back in the garage and gave it a go. Turned out great. My only mistake was a small bubble that started to crease so I thought I'd use a little heat to work it out and overheated. No worries though as it was right next to a "tear" hole so I just slightly expanded that hole and no one will ever know. I knew to watch for that on the second side and it went flawlessly. I had washed the truck yesterday and used a clay bar on the whole thing to get off a bunch of "rail dust" and other stuff stuck to the paint (if you've never heard of that, look it up--I hadn't either and it did an incredible job cleaning the paint.) Today I cleaned it twice in the application area with alcohol then with the Rapid Tac. Lots of Rapid Tac on the back of the vinyl and on the truck and just kept using the squeegee until it was dry watching for any bubbles. This was a 2-piece decal because of the size but they provided two alignment dots. The only other somewhat tricky thing was crossing from the bed to the door.

Scott, if you haven't sent that practice vinyl, no need. If you have, thank you anyway.

20140406_202401199_iOS.jpg20140406_202417810_iOS.jpg

Great job Matt! Won't be long and you'll be starting up a sign business and installing graphics! I didn't have any doubt you could get it done. Sounds like you did just fine. Glad it worked out so well for you.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.