Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your most hated tool that you use regularly?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    POST HOLE DIGGERS! They make me break out in a sweat, put blisters on my hands, make back, arms and shoulders sore! Yet people who borrow them tend to keep them. Why?
    I love my post hole digger! My neighbor was trying to dig holes with some gas powered auger bit thing, the roots defeated him after like 2 holes. I dug about 22 holes for him in under 2 hours, this baby will chew apart a 6" diameter tree root.

b1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Coolidge View Post
    I love my post hole digger! My neighbor was trying to dig holes with some gas powered auger bit thing, the roots defeated him after like 2 holes. I dug about 22 holes for him in under 2 hours, this baby will chew apart a 6" diameter tree root.
    There's phd's and then there's PHD'S!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    I will keep it simple. My paint brush. I hate finishing.

Rick P
    You beat me to it. I have bought every gadget to try and make painting better and have finally broke down and am outsourcing as much painting as I can possibly afford. Although one of my favorite things to use oddly is my paintstick. It's one of if not the best as seen on tv inventions ever.

I would drive around and dig post holes all day with that thing.

Later I intend to become more crotchety, wear overalls and have a huge collection of machinery scattered on a big weedy lot. I'll have creaky screen door I never get around to fixing and black under my fingernails every day. Sometimes I'll putter around with machinery that doesn't need fixing and make some furniture. The rest of the time I'll be banging around with old, massive junk nobody cares about anymore, trying to get it working right.
    Last edited by Loren Woirhaye; 03-30-2014 at 2:03 AM.

I have the same mindset as Alan and Charles who needs the ag...

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    I upgraded a few years ago from a 22/44 sander to a supermax dual drum 25". The difference is night and day. I just finished a large bookcase in hard maple and the supermax sailed through.
    I have a supermax dual 37" and it is much worse than my previous home made drum sander. I have sanded full size doors with it but a couple of things have broken on it so far and one of them I strongly think was a design flaw (both I fixed myself).
    Last edited by mreza Salav; 03-30-2014 at 12:37 PM.

I would have to say it's my soon to be yard saled or given to a friend Craftsman Professional motorcycle lift. There's actually nothing wrong with it, it's better than most of it's breed, but... whenever I used it I had to cobble up some blocking so my motorcycle would sit on it properly. I never got comfortable with the stability of my bike on the thing... so when I had an opportunity to pick up a Handy Lift I jumped on it. So now I've found that yup, the grass actually ain't greener on the other side... Using the Handy Lift is great, but getting my bike on and off it is a lot more trouble than doing so with the Craftsman lift...

If it ain't one thing, tis another...
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Dust Mask -- hate wearing it… but just hate the alternative more. (I've got a 3M one that is less bad than some others, but still…)

Dust Collector -- this would be the tool that currently annoys me for its unfantasticness. It's a jet with canister filter. Modestly successful at chip collection, but end up with airborne fines when running, hence the dust mask above.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    There's phd's and then there's PHD'S!
    29HP Diesel baby, roots, clay, get some!

Blog Entries
    The router. I hate them...
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

11. Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    The router. I hate them...
    A Milwaukee D handle will change your mind.

All of he Ryobi's I used to have. Most of all my flexible Ryobi Table saw and screaming Ryobi router. I did not inflict them on anyone at a yard sale. Straight into the trash.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

It would have to be the 5 inch orbital sander..... Everyone I have owned has been a piece of junk after about 6 months. The drawer is filled with every color under the sun. I need a new one but not sure what color to try this time.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Parent View Post
    I need a new one but not sure what color to try this time.

Robert
    Give the green one a try. Likely be the last one you'll buy.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Might not be a tool from the shop but a tool none the less. Stupid CPAP machine!