Thread: Frustration time in my workshop

Frustration time in my workshop

Well as some of you might know, I am selling off my table saw but yesterday I did use it to rip down some 2x10s that I am using to expend my current workbench. Well wouldn't you know it but half way through the fire alarm in the basement was going off because of all the fine dust the saw was making. Tried a couple of things but no joy. Guess I'll have to make that track for the circular saw sooner than I thought so it can take it in the garage. Anyway, saw might have to go in the shed until I can sell it.

Oh oh well, just venting. Oh yeah, someone please by my saw so I can get my band saw. Please!

Blog Entries
    Howdy Keven,

Have you listed it the classifieds?

It also might help if you included your location. It could get someone who lives close to hop off the fence and come by to look at your saw.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

It sounds like you have a dust collection problem with the table saw. A band saw can create just about as much dust, so if you plan on using it in the basement, get one that has a good dust outlet and connect it to something big enough. Good luck with it.

Might wanna talk to someone in the know (like at your local fire department) about smoke alarms. I think some types are more prone to false alarms due to dust than others.
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....

Quote Originally Posted by Judson Green View Post
    I think some types are more prone to false alarms due to dust than others.
    Only the good ones.
    It's the particle size that they detect.

Shouldn't breathe the little ones, neither.

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/208...FSdn7AodzHcAEQ