Thread: Anyone ever used, seen or even heard of using this for a shop floor????

Anyone ever used, seen or even heard of using this for a shop floor????

http://www.bltllc.com/GFloor_home.htm

I have been dying to do something about my shop floor. In a previous life I did some custom body and paint work in the shop and the floor tells the story. Paint splatters everywhere and some really nasty stains from blown up race car motors/tannys/rearends etc...make it really ugly.

I dread the thought of moving all my stuff out and trying to prep the floor well enough for any paint to stick.

I use a bunch of horse stall mats for comfort already but this stuff might just work to cover the rest of the ugliness and not have to prep and paint.

TIA,

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terry,

I have looked at these at SAM's Club. It looks like it would make the floor look nicer but I have a couple of reservations:

* They are ribbed, so clean up will be only in one direction
    * You may need more than one layer to get any cushion to the floor.

On the plus side:

* No floor prep
    * Still can roll items across
    * Durable

Let us know if you do this. I painted my old messed up garage floor with Epoxy and still have problems (minor). Both my brother-in laws, and in-laws went with a professional epoxy coat were they shot peened the floor to prep it. The final application is quite thick, with sand inthe epoxy, and very durable. But it is very expensive ~ $3-4 sq/ft installed. THe next step for me is probabbly the product you are looking at.

David,

I had thought about the cleanup aspect also. If one had to sweep it might be a problem. Honestly I just fire up the compressor and blow everything out the back door.

I'm really not looking for any cushioning from this product. The horse stall mats do a good job and I have them pretty much everywhere I stand and work in the shop.

I'm just really tired of looking at the ugly floor. I am leaning towards giving them a try. I'll post the results if I do.

The thought of moving everything out of the shop and then prepping and painting the floor just makes me cringe. Having it professionally done in my 1200 sq.ft. shop is out of the question.$$$

When I mentioned moving everything into the driveway and painting the floor to my 16 year old son who always has to help me on these crazy projects, I thought he was going to pass out.

Thanks,

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally posted by Terry Hatfield
    I had thought about the cleanup aspect also. If one had to sweep it might be a problem. Honestly I just fire up the compressor and blow everything out the back door.
    Gee, I thought you were "Mr Dust Collection Jr." (Bill must get fair credit for the top slot...) Blowing all that fine dust that's settled with the compressor is going to redeposit a lot of it in your shop, but in places that are harder to clean! Nature of the beast...not all of it is going to make it to the door.

('Just beating on you a little since your shop is cleaner than mine and I'm royally anal about that!)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim,

Speaking of anal.....

I bought a blow gun with a 3 ft. long extension so I can now get in all those hard to get places. You just never know when someone might stop by the shop and look under something trying to find some misplaced saw dust.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shop Floor

Terry, I would love something like that in my shop but it doesn’t sound like it would survive very long. “Never use harsh chemicals such as tar remover or kerosene on this product.” If it can’t handle kerosene, there’s no way that it would be able to handle the lacquer thinner, acetone prep-sol etc. that I dribble on the floor all the time.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with. -- W.C. Fields
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney