I'am working on automating the blast gates and Dust collector in my garage work shop. It would be a whole lot easier if the manufactures, like Jet, Powermatic, Grizzley etc..., would provide a low voltage (12 or 24 volt) trigger. The trigger could be used to activate blast gates and turn on the Dust collector, that is usually on the other side of the shop. The low voltage trigger would fire off when the equipment is turned on. Then when the equipment is shut down the blast gate will close and the dust collector will turn off. all with the help of a simple low voltage trigger.

Even a simple 115 volt switched outlet would be better then nothing. Anything the manufactures could do to assist in signaling other equipment to do something, like turn on would be GREAT.

I know any equipment can be modded to provide a low voltage trigger or a switched 115 volt outlet. It is a hassle and some would feel uncomfortable making these modes. It just seams like a feature manufactures should provide. Who ever did this would stand out in the market place.

Other industry like audio gear manufactures provide low voltage triggers, so this is not anything new and unusual