Thread: Porter Cable Hammer Drill

Porter Cable Hammer Drill

Good afternoon fellow Creeker's

Yesterday I pulled out my PC 650HD hammer drill to drill a few hole in some concrete. The drill has seen not much use at all except when its needed. However, on the last hole it started dropping out of gear and wouldn't get back in gear until it came to a complete stop. After some TLC I was able to get it to finish it drill mode. It only affected it in hammer mode. Well I took apart today to see what broke. 4 long screws and it was apart, pretty easy. What annoys me is that the how speed/high speed selector on the inside is plastic. The stupid thing broke. Whats more annoying is the part is in stock $0.94, so I ordered 4 of them thinking they will probably break in the future, however, the shipping on those parts not much bigger than a silver dollar cost me 10.99 to get up to here some 60 miles away.......and that part is in common with dewalt pc and stanely......Its just another example of the companies getting cheap and making them throwaway tools.......

Bryan

When it comes to hammer drills, I like mine in the same color as my jig saws- Bosch Blue. As for the shipping, how far can you drive for $10.99?

True, it would cost me more in gas than that to go down to Cinci to pick it up.....I hope to have them early next week.