Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Hand Tool Organizers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maximillian arango View Post
    I have buckets full of sockets and other auto tools that are now under our bed in my closet in the coat closet and in other locations lol I'm running out of places to hide them I'm going to need a garage soon.

I posted my saw till anyone who seen the picture my disagree lol I may host it externally if I get the chance
    Alright, now I'm starting to understand your fiancé's concern.

Where will the woodworking tools end up? Mind you, it's dangerous to leave sharp objects in the bedroom.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

This is true I started to re priorities my stuff like getting rid of clothing that doesn't fit anymore, and cleaned out most of the car parts I had sitting around wood working will fill that void soon if I keep my alarming rate.

Blog Entries
    Funny enough my predominate hobby in my early 20's was building cars. Woodworking is much more enjoyable in the long run, and provides many more things to look at around the house (tables, chairs and cabinets.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Funny enough my predominate hobby in my early 20's was building cars. Woodworking is much more enjoyable in the long run, and provides many more things to look at around the house (tables, chairs and cabinets.)

Hmm, mine too. I wonder if we have a pattern?

Amusing side story, my eccentric father moved into an old grocery store for a while i was in my early 20's. It was huge, and he liked hot rods too, so we found most of an old 60's front engine nitro dragster, and put it in one of the rooms. Obviously there were no women involved in that decision, but it made a heck of a conversation piece. Max's fiancee has serious grounds for concern...

Blog Entries
    That's awesome. I imagine an old grocery store to be pretty much ideal for a hot-rodder. Might be just as ideal for a woodworker….

This is a picture of my hand tool area just after I finished remodeling it. I have changed it considerably now, I have a lot of tools on the wall around the cabinets. I need to clean it up this summer and take a new pic. Various projects in process right now, none of them involving much in the way of hand tools. I did not work in the shop this winter, am about to get started again.

shoptour4.jpg

This is a link to the write up on my tool box at Woodcentral. Toolbox.

I am bipolar and when manic don't sleep much and tend to fixate on a project. I did all of this before being diagnosed bipolar and being put on medication. I think I was in various stages of mania while working on it. I am glad I did it, I just don't have the energy to do it again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Quote Originally Posted by Moses Yoder View Post
    This is a picture of my hand tool area just after I finished remodeling it. I have changed it considerably now, I have a lot of tools on the wall around the cabinets. I need to clean it up this summer and take a new pic. Various projects in process right now, none of them involving much in the way of hand tools. I did not work in the shop this winter, am about to get started again.

shoptour4.jpg

This is a link to the write up on my tool box at Woodcentral. Toolbox.

I am bipolar and when manic don't sleep much and tend to fixate on a project. I did all of this before being diagnosed bipolar and being put on medication. I think I was in various stages of mania while working on it. I am glad I did it, I just don't have the energy to do it again.

That's a nice looking shop you have there. How do you have your post vise mounted? I have one sitting in the corner of my shop that I'm still trying to figure out where to put.

My post vice included a bracket to attach to the bench top. It slides up and down the post with a flat piece at 90° to the post; all I had to do was install lag bolts. I drilled a hole in a wood board and inserted the bottom of the post into the board. It just sets on the floor and can move but tends to stay put. My wife says the post vice makes the best nut cracker. At least she isn't using my bench vice for nuts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

I would like to apply for membership in your new forum --wait hell;; i am elible to be president... A friend ( I think he is a friend) once said how do you work in here and not get hurt!!! Its a god giving gift I think...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Alright, now I'm starting to understand your fiancé's concern.

Where will the woodworking tools end up? Mind you, it's dangerous to leave sharp objects in the bedroom.

especially if SWMBO is entertaining disapproving thoughts regarding your gallootish activities....

Quote Originally Posted by Moses Yoder View Post
    My wife says the post vice makes the best nut cracker. At least she isn't using my bench vice for nuts.
    You have the MY in the wrong place.

The *real* "At least" is that "she isn't using the vice for MY nuts!"

Jim
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

LMAO I never knew woodworkers were so funny I wish I made the jump sooner

[/QUOTE]
    What is the yellow shroud behind your miter saw?

Matt

Dust collection. The four inch hose coming out the bottom connects to the dust collector. Gets a lot, but not every bit.

Sean, how many years did it take to get where your shop is today? I have just started my third revamp.