Thread: Picture Frames

Picture Frames

Made 3 walnut picture frames for some "artwork" that belonged to my grandfather. My cousin has the originals but made copies for the rest of us grandkids and made a few simple walnut frames to house them.

The frames are nothing special, but the story behind the pictures is pretty cool. My grandparents played cards nearly every Saturday night with various friends for as long as I can remember. My grandfather was a farmer and would at times share stories of funny things that happened on the farm. One of gentlemen they played cards with was a pretty good artist and enjoyed drawing cartoons as well, when my grandpa would tell a story so funny that he laughed until he cried, he would go home and "draw" out the story. He brought these three pictures for my grandfather the next time they played cards and they hung in cheap frames in my grandfather's shop until he passed away about 2 years ago. So they are special to my family and that's about it, they will make some nice conversations pieces in my office in our new engineering building when we move in this year.
    DSC02729 (800x600).jpg
    DSC02727 (800x600).jpg
    DSC02731 (800x600).jpg

Nice frames and great story. They will protect those drawings for a long time.

Somebody has some anger issues with cows....

Nice frames!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hahr View Post
    Somebody has some anger issues with cows....
    Haha, appears that way, story goes he was loading some heifers into his livestock hauler to move from one farm to another. A couple of them got pretty rambunctious and literally kicked the trailer apart. He hauled some home and chased one ahead of the tractor with some exaggeration in the pictures and went back with a halter and towed the last one home that was the most stubborn. Grandpa could tell the story and get us laughing so hard we would cry. He was a special man, just makes me smile thinking about this story.

Thanks for the compliments Dan and Yonak.