Thread: What have I found? Hinsdale Chisels?

What have I found? Hinsdale Chisels?

While at a flea market today, I found what looked like a 1/4" and a 1/8" mortise chisel. They had Hinsdale MFG Co. stamped on them. I know Hinsdale made tools for the automotive industry. There was a BE chisel with the same name stamped on it. They are socket chisels and the 1/8" has a tapered backside. This is opposite the pointed edge, or bevel end. Has anyone seen this brand or heard of it? There was also a Swan 1/2" BE I passed on that was pretty beat up. Help if you can and thank you,

Joe

P.S. I cannot get pictures on SMC to save my life. I would love for someone to help me. Jim K's former link does not help me. When I browse my attachments it says I have selected no files. I did, they just don't pop up.

Hinsdale Mfg. Co. was another trademark used by the C.E. Jennings Company. Jennings made a wide variety of tools, as well as their well-known auger bits.
    I have a back saw marked "Hinsdale Mfg. Co." It's well-made, and has a smaller handle than the Disston back saws I have. I actually like that handle better that I do the Disstons I have.
    In my limited experience, tools made by C.E. Jennings are very good quality. I think you'll like your Hinsdale chisels.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tilson View Post

P.S. I cannot get pictures on SMC to save my life. I would love for someone to help me. Jim K's former link does not help me. When I browse my attachments it says I have selected no files. I did, they just don't pop up.
    This might help you out. Click on the button and you can upload photos. I can't seem to do it the other way ether.

Screenshot_2014-04-05_19-09-03.png
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....

Rick and Judson thanks for your replies. I'll try for pictures tomorrow, again thanks,
    Joe

100_0441 (640x480).jpg100_0441 (640x480).jpg100_0442 (640x480).jpg100_0443 (640x480).jpgHere are the pics from yesterday. The first two are the same pic. Just an old dog learning a new trick.