Thread: The Woodwright Shop on Demand

The Woodwright Shop on Demand

I saw on another forum that Derek was having difficulty watching The Woodwright Shop on Demand. Here is a site that I use in NC from PBS.

They offer 109 full episodes for free:

http://video.pbs.org/program/woodwrights-shop/

Derek, I hope you see this,

I can now see that you wanted an episode that was not on the free service.
    Last edited by Glenn Samuels; 04-06-2014 at 6:26 PM.

Give'em a show to watch, they watch for a day. Show 'em where to go for a show they

. . . just sit on the couch and watch and don't get ANY work done.

Glenn,

Thank you ! I enjoyed the show with John Reed Fox; restrained, subtle elegance AND NO CHIP BREAKERS.
    and hand saw secrets with C.S. always keep an eye on your reflection
    and last but not least
    the Joe Thrift Violin episode (no sand paper).

The others here are no doubt thanking you as well; the more Roy I watch the less time I have to cause trouble here on SawMill Creek.

I did learn stuff as I always do from these gentlemen but you got to laugh when you get to the "broom demonstration" with Chris Schwartz and the sawing.

Even Queenmasteroftheuniverseandbabybunnytrainer stopped her lunch and walked over to the TV and said "Oh my gosh what are they doing ? There are just too many hands and fingers in there for what they are doing". I CAN'T WATCH THIS !

Thanks again
    Last edited by Winton Applegate; 04-06-2014 at 6:01 PM.
    Sharpening is Facetating.
    Good enough is good enough
    But
    Better is Better.

Hi Glen

Thanks.

The issue is that I wanted to access a video from 1997, and this is not available on the PBS site. The only way to view it is to purchase the viewing (for 6 months) from Pop Wood magazine. I did so, and then discovered that there was no way to access the video - PW magazine's website had forgotten to provide a means to do so. As Seinfelt might have said, "They are good at taking a subscription, but not at giving the subscription".

The episode is on building a shaker side table. It is not the construction detail I want, but Roy's delivery of this. I will be doing something similar at the forthcoming Perth Tool Event (run by LN). I spent some of yesterday building parts of a table so that I may pull one apart/push it together, and demonstrate the making of each. Roy is the master at presenting all this, and I wanted to see him in action on this particular construction. Hopefully PW sort this out for all. Megan is now aware of the situation.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Hi Derek,

You have really helped me (and many others I assume ) with so many of your posts. I am just starting to make sliding dovetails and have been following your instructions . I just wish I could have been more helpful.