Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welded-Wire Fence Questions

I mentioned having a rusty dog fence.

WE did, however, have horse panel when I was a kid to fence in two goats. We fenced in about an acre back then, and I remember the fence being more shiny looking and not galvanized, but it wasn't coated with plastic, that's for sure.

It did last well, a completely different level of quality vs. the light duty dog fence installed in my back yard.

The goats rubbed it and tested it, too, and it stood up to that for years, and stood up to us moving their fenced area - they killed anything that didn't have dense hard bark, thus the desire to move their fence and let them clear underbrush.

I can't thank you folks enough. After reading all your responses and keeping the limitations of the steep hillside in mind, it became apparent the rigid welded wire simply won't work. A knotted fence or "horse fence" seems the answer and those are the ones offering the most likelihood of working on the sloped hillside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    I can't thank you folks enough. After reading all your responses and keeping the limitations of the steep hillside in mind, it became apparent the rigid welded wire simply won't work. A knotted fence or "horse fence" seems the answer and those are the ones offering the most likelihood of working on the sloped hillside.
    RICH , in order to put a fence up, you will need fence posts , how will the posts go into the ground

I anticipate using galvanized t-posts and Bekaert fencing depending on the availability of a local supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    I anticipate using galvanized t-posts and Bekaert fencing depending on the availability of a local supplier.

I do not know how many posts or feet of fence BUT I hope that you do not try to carry the fencing uphill