Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monster Laser, My DC to AC Conversion

Another P.S. For James et at,
    It seems to me that the computer power supply bricks provide different voltages at the output end. Just test to find one that is between 3and 5 volts and you would have a long lasting power supply. Secure the brick to the wall near the 110 volt receptacle and the thinner low voltage wire would come to the laser and the LED for inside the HF.
    Peter F.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Fabricius View Post
    Another P.S. For James et at,
    It seems to me that the computer power supply bricks provide different voltages at the output end. Just test to find one that is between 3and 5 volts and you would have a long lasting power supply. Secure the brick to the wall near the 110 volt receptacle and the thinner low voltage wire would come to the laser and the LED for inside the HF.
    Peter F.
    Precisely, pretty much what I have done for the laser. The 5volt power supply I am using is rated at 2.5amps, more than enough to run a half dozen of these lasers plus a few of the LED lights. If I go for one of the turned/kit penlights I will probably see if I can adapt it with a one of the receptacles I have. I can splice in another lead from the power supply to power the pen light. If I get to doing something like that I will post it for all to review.

"The best things in life are not things."

Blog Entries
    Been using 2 1x2 cherry 2' long with 1/2 " holes drilled in each end . Held in the middle with a bolt and nilock nut . Ive found {pocket laser } at staples for 4.00 $ . The cherry seams to have a lot less vibration problems than the steel had . Just twist the laser in to the hole and a touch of supper glue then a piece of masking tape over switch holds it on .