Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

14 Apr 2014
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Well, it's been raining so much, so hard, and so fast here that even the snakes are trying to find high ground. Last night, my driveway was under 18" of water and I walked within 2 feet of a water moccasin snake that was slowly moving towards the middle of the road because he and I both were looking for a place where flood waters weren't.

I finally got the framing drawing done of our existing house, new garage, and the 760 sq ft apartment that will be added onto our house. My MIL will be moving here at the end of May and I haven't even broken ground yet. Maybe, just maybe....I can get the batter boards up today and things figured out enough to get it all started by next week.

I came off of oncall duty this morning and I'm a happier man.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?
    Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Softball. Daughter had 2 games Saturday and one Sunday plus she wanted to go to the batting cages Friday night for some practice. With the late start to spring and a late Easter they are struggling to get the season in so we have a few weekends like this between now and the end of May.

Went to my dad's house, finished the livestock corral (cows), got home Saturday night for some rest (working for dad is about as bad as working for the wife, I usually can't wait until I get back to work on Mondays' so I can get some rest!!!!!!).
    Went to the garage Sunday morning and spent the better part of the day in there with my lathe. Not a bad weekend. Rained here some on Sunday morning so it was a perfect time to be out in the garage piddling around.
    Oh yeah, I also managed to pull out the 2 GFCI receptacles in the garage and replaced them with standard receptacles. I was sick and tired of them getting tripped, with no apparent reason, then taking forever to get reset, these were supposed to be some of the really good Hubble ones to, maybe it was error in my install, I don't know, but the standard receptacles work fine now!

After about 7 months of "other" projects, I finally had a good weekend to finish up installing the dust collector piping in the basement. Got the table saw and the jointer connected, and now need to situate the other machines in their respective locations.That will make one less excuse for starting the bigger projects..... ;-)

Put 18 hours in remote work for work projects, put in a few hours getting the transmission ready to pull in the truck.

Woodworking and wood shop related, I chased down air leaks caused by the pipe thread tape in my thread joints in my pnuematic plumbing. No leaks so far, holding pressure fine. I also got the shop light in the way of the ceiling run of hose dropped. I didn't have chain, so I fabbed up a mounting block for it, with a pass through for the hose. So every bit of hose going to the reel is secured and well sealed.

I picked up a few of the TrafficMaster anti fatigue mats from Home Depot. They are a little on the small side (24x36) but they are the best padded I could find. I am now dealing with Plantar Fasciitis and need as much cushion as I can get. While I was there, I picked up a Husky pnuematic dual action sander.

I have a drawer build project, and gave in and bought a Harbor Freight dovetail machine, and fabbed up a quick & dirty storage and clamping jig for the jig, so I made a jig, jig?

It's all in the last few entries in my blog... http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com/
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Softball and baseball practice with the kids on Saturday. I helped with infield practice meaning I was the designated runner and the other coach was hitting balls while I ran the bases so the girls could get back in the groove of things. Basically, i spent an hour running 20 yard wind sprints and my thighs are feeling it. Not so bad since I've been building stair railings for the last few weeks but enough to still warrant some groans when I squat down.

Finished taxes yesterday and cleaned out the inside of the truck then laid on the couch and made sure it didn't try going anywhere

Blog Entries
    Saturday I did a bit of tool maintenance and sharpened the irons of a little Bailey 3 I was given using some new stones from Stu. LOML had me help her dress to stakes / Hardie tools that she picked up. Cleaned the rust and smoothed out casting marks / flash before painting the non-working surfaces. Sunday, I tried to find some stock (Birdseye or Quilted Maple) for my next project for a competition. Zero luck with anything locally. Played guitar and recorded a couple of new ideas for songs. LOML got her Game of Thrones fix.

Back to work today, we are short of staff because locally it is spring break. It will be a short week for me, as I go in for a procedure on my neck on Friday. I hope it is successful as living the way it feels now really sucks.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Shawn,
    PM sent.

Finished surfacing and sanding the ambrosia maple for my daughters memory box. The 9" wide boards have not cupped. YAY! Going to start cutting the parts tomorrow.

Also made a couple of jigs for a new project.

Enjoy Life...
    Last edited by Raymond Fries; 04-15-2014 at 7:20 PM.

I finsihed my 4th woodworking project - a fireplace mantel for our house made from old fence boards. http://dvillahouse.blogspot.com/2014...e-phase-1.html