Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to solicit business from high schools, sports teams ... ?

So do you scan the print out from the program above? Otherwise I don't see a way to get the pattern into the laser software?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

To All -
    Sad, yet kind' a good to know I'm not the only one having 'tough time dealing with schools, local organizations, sports teams 'n such. (was starting to wonder.) All these groups seem to want are "donations" and/or dirt-cheap prices - neither of which, when offered, has earned me steady repeat business, 'let alone loyalty of any sort. 'Stead, gonna seek out those organizations which do hand out truck loads of plaques - 'n my case (Northern MN) - fishing tournament outfits, etc. (will mean going after someone else's well established business I suppose.) So, anyway, gonna scratch off worrying 'bout school business. (just hope those kids learning engraving in school shops - making plaques - can find an engraving shop to work at, come the time. (BTW: Tim is right: 'lot of it has to do, not with what you can provide - but, "who you know". I'm at a disadvantage there - as one competitor heads our local Chamber of Commerce! Tough to work 'round that!

Bill
    (Using Epilog 35W Mini 24)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    So do you scan the print out from the program above? Otherwise I don't see a way to get the pattern into the laser software?
    The above sample I did in my CarveWright Software but it is a download font as you can see in the font list. It even works in corel.

Find the font, purchase it, and download it... Then make it a outline on your laser and make stuff... You could make the same using the tools in corel but this lets you type it in quick.

This was designed for the Scroll Saw boys to print and paste to wood and manually cut... but it works with a laser or even a CarveWright.

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Is it for sale on the CarveWright website or where did you find? Ok I found it www coolhammers .com , so instead of printing like it says It can be saved as a Jpeg or Bmp ?
    Last edited by Bill George; 04-17-2014 at 6:46 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10