Thread: Jet DC-650 owners - quick favor

Jet DC-650 owners - quick favor

I've long been looking for a "quiet" dust collector. I've heard this model is relatively quiet, but was hoping one of you guys that owns it could quantify that for me. If you have a SPL meter or an app on your smartphone, would you mind taking a reading for me? Thanks, I appreciate it very much!

i get about 70-73db standing three feet away. i dont think i'd call it "quiet" but it's quieter than most of the tools it's attached to.
    hope that helps.
    scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Snyder View Post
    i get about 70-73db standing three feet away. i dont think i'd call it "quiet" but it's quieter than most of the tools it's attached to.
    hope that helps.
    scott
    Thanks Scott, that's very helpful! 70-73 is pretty darn quiet for a DC. Amazingly better than the HF DC, which is 87-89 for me.

My Delta 50-850 reads 76-77db at 36". Not horrendous but not quiet either.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Snyder View Post
    hope that helps.
    scott
    Scott, do you move the 650 from tool to tool, or is it piped? If piped, what length of runs do you have?

Ducted to each machine. Miter saw, chop saw, drill press, jointer, planer, spindle and disc sanders. All blast gated so only one machine at a time is "connected". Longest run is 16 feet though most are ~10 feet. All turns are "long" 90s created with two 45s and a piece of duct between. I considered replacing the cheap filter bag with a cartridge filter but keeping them clean is a pain. Went with 1 micron bag from Rockler and give it a good beating every once in awhile. Works for me.
    Other machines - bandsaws, table saw, drum sander run to a separate Oneida cyclone.
    Hope this helps.
    Scott

to bad you cannot exhaust it outside .greatly improves suction .

I'm ready to do that but she who must be obeyed casts the deciding vote.