Thread: Show me your shoe cabinets

Show me your shoe cabinets

I am planning to build a shoe cabinet. I had made one that is fairly low and doubles as a bench, but need one with more storage. I am thinking about something about 35 in high and about 60 in wide with sliding doors and non-show glass panels. Inside with adjustable shelves. However, I am looking to see if there are some learnings I can incorporate from the collective wisdom here. Our style is contemporary / shaker. So, would love to see what you all have come up with.

This is what I came up with for our closet. It's not enclosed, but it seemed like a good idea to allow for as much air flow as I could. :-)

It's made of red oak & walnut, and assembled with dominoes. It's roughly 3 ft wide and 4 ft high.

shoerack2.jpg shoerack1.jpg shoerack3.jpg

James, very nice storage solution. The ventilation point gives me an idea about looking into a screen like material for the panels of the doors as mine will be a standalone unit at the entry of our house.

Any others who want to share?

I wanted to make one as well, I was thinking about using tin for the panels in the doors, and punching patterns like a pie safe.

My idea.......
    Husband to 1, father to 9
    2 girls and 7 boys (in that order)
    Life Is Full Of Blessings
    The Lord is my Rock and my Refuge.