Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser Engraving Copper

Quote Originally Posted by Hannu Rinne View Post
    I made Thermark as thin as possible and I added also as thin layer as I could, as Gary and Mike suggested. Is there a rich, black mark after engraving ? No, it went inside to the material approx 0,14mm! Now the copper plate is like etched or engraved with blade… I don’t have a suitable gauge to measure it but the marking truly is deeper than 0,1mm.

Am I some kind Nobel candidate now ?

Regards,
    Hannu
    You probably obliterated the Thermark - I'd try running a power grid around 60 speed and see what happens. Oh, and I'm on my way to the patent office to file for the technique that I told you to use - please stop using it immediately or start paying me USD$100/minute...

Gary

Forget about it, I filed a prior claim. I can sell tons of that stuff. It ain't like any copper I've ever seen.

Hannu

What is the metal? Are you sure you didn't use ferric chloride instead of cermark?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    You probably obliterated the Thermark - I'd try running a power grid around 60 speed and see what happens. Oh, and I'm on my way to the patent office to file for the technique that I told you to use - please stop using it immediately or start paying me USD$100/minute...
    Gary, don't bother, I'm already in my tent, waiting for local patent office open after Easter, to file your formula

Mike, the metal should be "half hard" copper, 1mm thick. Engraving made with Thermark LMM14 - or I hope it is - the price for 1 kg was extremely expensive

Regards,
    Hannu
    GCC Spirit GX 60W, 600 Series LLC 60W, Corel 11/X3, Illustrator, Autocad 2004, etc...

[QUOTE=Mike Null;2256454
    What is the metal? Are you sure you didn't use ferric chloride instead of cermark?[/QUOTE]

I wonder... if you mask and then etch with ferric chloride, is that enough
    for paint to get a good grip?

Congratulations to you Hannu !
    May I know what kind of laser you use ,C02 or fiber or other ?
    I will try it next time before machine packing.
    Thanks for your sharing ~
    Regards,
    Ms.Mary