Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dieting

I think the first thing you should do when trying to lose weight is to have your thyroid function checked. If it is on the slow side, I recommend "Thyroid Complex", an over the counter capsule. When I switched jobs from setting behind a computer all day to building range hoods I lost 35 pounds. I am at about 190 now, steady as a rock. I don't think I will ever have the body of a 21 year old again, and don't plan on wasting my time trying. I fit into a 36 waist now and am happy with that. My wife is an anti-sugar Nazi and has eliminated all the sugar in our house. I still drink Dr Pepper, not nearly as much as I used to, and we indulge in the occasional ice cream and other treats. My wife and her mother are naturally skinny, my wife weighs about 130. I think every body has a weight that it will naturally conform to if you eat healthy and get excersize; that weight is not the same for everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

The Michael Mosley 5 - 2 diet works for me.

You eat your regular meals 5 days a week, eat 500 calories 2 (non consecutive ) days per week. This doesn't mean yo can eat 10,000 calories per day on your 5 days.

You will feel hungry on your fasting days, especially at first. The hunger is only temporary.

Good luck.

I try to eat the same size bowl of fruit, berries and Oat Bran every morning.
    The only thing that works for me is using smaller plates.

You get older, you slow down - you need fewer calories.
    Problem being that food is one of the few remaining pleasures.

Measure your belt line and dine accordingly.
    If it's tight, eat light.