Thread: Raffan finishes - got an idea?

Raised in the US (elementary in Lawrence, graduated in Boulder). Now in Israel.

Raffan finishes - got an idea?

Can anyone shed light on how to create the outside finish Raffan does on his recent bowls (red inside, faux stone or verdigris outside)?
    They can be seen here: http://www.narekgalleries.com/previo...tions_2010.htm
    just below his boats. Im really wondering if its a painting technique (i.e. paint grey base, paint white top, scrub with sponge, etc.) OR a specialized finish (i.e. patina and so forth).
    Thanks for your input!
    Norm

thanks for the link..great stuff there. Have no clue about his process..sorry.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

You might try sending him an email. Awhile ago I had a finishing question on a bowl in one of his books and he responded in about a day.