Thread: Rubber Stamps

Rubber Stamps

I am not really into making rubber stamps, but I have a good customer who needs one. Question is.. is there a rule of thumb for making stamps (settings) using Laserbits material. Nothing fancy just a few lines of text for safety tags (paper) . Like the shoulder setting, widening setting. I also noticed a classic UI check box (don't know what thats for) and a fence ck box. Lastly, could you recommend any starting settings for power and speed using a 60 watt laser. This would be done through Coreldraw x6 driver.

Thanks in advance for any help, it is great appreciated.

Greg

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128

Greg

that info should be in one of your epilog manuals. I have only made a couple for personal use but I believe you must invert your drawing.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I have made quite a few on my Full Spectrum 5th Gen 40W. I use power 100%, speed 8%, 1000 DPI and get great results.

The epilog driver has a stamp setting. You only have to put a double fence around the area (one to define the engraved area, the other to define the cut line). You only have to flip it before engraving.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Hello, I make rubber stamps daily. I do my artwork in X6 and then save it as a pdf. I have a Trotec 80 watt laser and I usually engrave them at 100% power, 60% speed and I usually make two cuts.

Leave yourself adequate room to trim with a sharp scissors. I use red low odor rubber that I purchase from Milenium Marking. If your other source will sell you one sheet then that may be your best resource. I purchase in packs of 10 at a time. Be sure your exhaust is on. I hold the rubber in place with magnets if you have a steel table. This way you can remove the rubber and scrub it with a soft brush such as a tooth brush. This works well if you have a 90 degree set of bars to hold the rubber in place.

Good luck, it really is quite simple. I hope my babbling has helped.

Robert
    Robert Tepper
    Trotec Rayjet 300/80 Watt
    Dahlgren 500 Engraving Machine, CNC Engraving Machine
    Pad printer with 5 3/4 x 5 3/4" print area
    Jackson Vulcanizers, 15 x 24", three total
    Hegner Scroll Saws, 14", three total

Ive found that adding a bit of hand washing soap to the cleaning process removes the stamp material debree even better than water. Just have a tooth brush at hand, add a bit of water and squirt some liquid handsoap and scrub away.

I give the laser process two runs also. To get a good impression, I also add some soft foam (1,5mm thick) between the rubber and the handle.

Henri
    Henri Sallinen
    Cardboard designer with a Epilog Helix 24 60w + Gunnar Matboard Cutter + Heidelberg Windmill letterpress