Thread: What's on Your Easter Menu?

What's on Your Easter Menu?

Happy Easter folks. So what's on your Easter menu today? Are you doing the cooking or just eating? It's mystery surprise at the in-laws home today.

My wife is fixing a bacon-swiss quiche for breakfast. Some friends were called out of town due to a death in the family and asked my wife and I to work in their place at a local rodeo. This afternoon we will be emptying trash cans at a local rodeo.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

We did ours yesterday. I made some plain ol' burgers and hotdogs for the less adventurous. For those that like a little spice: I ground up onion and jalapenos and added a bunch of Siracha chili sauce, 2 eggs, bread crumbs, kosher salt and pepper and made burger patties out of that. Tasty! The Mrs made veggie trays, fruit trays, and salads. It was a good day.

Today is relax and do nothing day.
    -Lud

Blog Entries
    We're grilling steaks.

Finally getting into some good grilling weather here.

PHM

We do a block party every year. Neighbor has a whole pig on the spit.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

We have our yearly lamb dinner at the in-laws. She is an excellent cook and always look forward to it. Have a nice Easter everyone.

Turkey and ham and a family get together today.

I'm sort of bummed out though that I have to miss the big Dyngus Day celebration tomorrow though

Happy Easter to everyone and have a safe and sane Dyngus Day if you partake of the celebrations tomorrow.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

We bought a spiral sliced ham yesterday, eating at my in-laws today, the ham is in the slow cooker. Will have multiple side dishes including potato salad. My wife and her mother are much better cooks than my mom, the food is normally light and tasty. I will be drinking Mochas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

We didn't go anywhere this year for the first time in a long time, getting to be too much trouble with little kids for long distance short duration holidays.

We did get a spiral sliced ham, and made what's traditional for us. Ham, green beans, mashed potatoes, and a pumpkin pie (not sure how traditional the pumpkin pie is.....

Ham and green beans used to be an often thing for us as a kid (pa dutch, but not amish/mennonite ancestors), whatever's leftover of the ham, including the bone - put it in a pot and cook green beans (and potatoes sometimes) with it.

We had a small gathering with just us, daughter and granddaughter. Had a honey baked ham, cheesy tators, peas, salad and cream cheese brownies. And probably a big nap!

We are having a later dinner tonight to allow us to do chores outside while the weather is good. Rice-stuffed Cornish Game Hens for us with a fresh, mixed salad. MIL is bringing some sort of store-bought desert. The best part for me is the sparkling apple cider. Who says that's just for kids? :-)
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

All of you made me hungry. The in-laws had a brunch menu with some fruit, pancakes, bacon, and a few other things. Should have read the invitation. Thought it was going to be more of a lunch/dinner type of menu. It was sufficient for the cause but lacked the meat and potato meal the mind had imagined. On the plus side, the wife made a Easter basket.

We went to friends' house for lunch. Pot luck. Ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, homemade mac & cheese, Hawaiian dinner rolls, homemade frosted apple pie, mini eclairs, and Peanut M&Ms.
    Last edited by Charles Wiggins; 04-20-2014 at 8:16 PM.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

2 bacon explosions. Both made with ground chicken spiced into sausage. One with Cracker Barrel maple bacon and one with Wright's Applewood bacon. Stubbs rub for chicken and Stubbs bbq sauce. Smoked with applewood chips in the smoker. The Cracker Barrel roll had a center surprize of onion & chive cream cheese.

Add a salad and it was a meal for royalty!

We spent the day at my oldest daughters farm, and she made a great turkey dinner. It's also my oldest granddaughters 16th birthday tomorrow so we celebrated that too
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it