Thread: Finishing the edges of door trim

Finishing the edges of door trim

I have some molding that I mad in a Williams and hussy molder. I am painting the trim with airless sprayer. I tried to get the edges the best I could when I sprayed the faces. I still needed to spray the edges better. The thin edge was easy to spray because the wide edge was wide enough to stand the trim up on. To do the wide edge the narrow edge would not support the trim standing up. I had this small piece of shelving left over from a closet. This worked well to support the trim as I sprayed it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~ universal vls6.60 32"x18" table with 60watt laser. Accessories = rotary fixture, honeycomb cutting table, & air assist. Using Corel draw x6.

~ ShopSabre PRO408 CNC Router. Vacuum hold down. and 4th axes rotary. Using Aspire

~ Fully Stocked Cabinet/Wood Shop

Machines are used in an educational setting. Thanks from Mike in South Dakota

This is what the shelving looked like
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~ universal vls6.60 32"x18" table with 60watt laser. Accessories = rotary fixture, honeycomb cutting table, & air assist. Using Corel draw x6.

~ ShopSabre PRO408 CNC Router. Vacuum hold down. and 4th axes rotary. Using Aspire

~ Fully Stocked Cabinet/Wood Shop

Machines are used in an educational setting. Thanks from Mike in South Dakota

Good idea!

There's a tips and tricks stickey thread over in the general woodworking forum.
    You should add this tip to that thread.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...