Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Recommendations for air assist compressor?

Im guessing you Already bought one but I would suggest getting a larger compressor. I have one that holds aton of air so its not running the entire time your cutting. Ive burned out two brand new senco compressors in the past 4 weeks because it has to run the motor the whole time the machine is running. (15 hours of cutting means the compressor has to run for 15 hours )
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bonenfant View Post
    ... I would suggest getting a larger compressor. I have one that holds aton of air so its not running the entire time your cutting. Ive burned out two brand new senco compressors in the past 4 weeks because it has to run the motor the whole time the machine is running.
    ...or get a small one rated for continuous duty.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Has anyone used a Bostitch 2.0HP\6.0 gal air compressor? I have one I use for my nail guns that has a built in regulator. My thought was I could add a filter to capture any moisture and dust. If need I could add an in line regulator as well. I know the compressor has a lot of power behind it but it is a continues run. If need I'll breakdown and hit harbor freight tomorrow, but from what Im reading I would need to ad a holding tank. I have a universal 350/50w. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Universal 50w VLS350
    Unviersal 1 - Touch
    Corel Draw - 6x

"You are only limited by your creativity and desire to create."

I think it is Rich H uses a Ghast (spelling?) Duty cycles are essential, most direct drive are 50% duty cycle and will simply burn if you run them at 100%
    You did what !

Typical direct drive compressors make a hideous and loud noise. I ruled out that type based on just the sound before I started. I think the first thing to consider is a quiet compressor because it is going to run about 30 to 60 percent of the time.

Also consider how moist the air is. Mirrors do not like moist air on them as that can cause the mirror to fail. I run an air dryer on my compressor for this reason.

Cheers
    Keith
    Universal Laser VLS6.60, Tantillus 3D printer, Electronic design
    edns Group, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand

Ah a thread I can actualy weight in on. We just went though the same thing we tried a samll 24L compressor but it was no good for my large machine we now are using a 100L V twin belt driven compressor with an inline pressure regulator and water trap. To make a successful change from the small one that came from the machine we had to install a pnumatic solenoid and relay so they air would tunr off when the machine is not running. Hope with helps.
    Recently arrived Shenhui 690 with 80W reci

I use a California air Tools compressor Model #1610A it runs 12 to 15 hours a day feeds 2 epilog lasers with 30 psi of air 60 db very quiet and has been doing so for over 4 years the only issue I have is the water build up in the tank I have yet to figure out a way to put an auto drain on it.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Matheny View Post
    I use a California air Tools compressor Model #1610A it runs 12 to 15 hours a day feeds 2 epilog lasers with 30 psi of air 60 db very quiet and has been doing so for over 4 years the only issue I have is the water build up in the tank I have yet to figure out a way to put an auto drain on it.
    Water in the air tank is normal. Get in the habit of draining everyday, automatic drains fail. I always put a brass 90 degree (if needed) and the rest of the piping in brass up to a ball valve out where you can get to and operate. If its under the tank you will forget to drain, put it out in the open.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Water in the air tank is normal. Get in the habit of draining everyday, automatic drains fail. I always put a brass 90 degree (if needed) and the rest of the piping in brass up to a ball valve out where you can get to and operate. If its under the tank you will forget to drain, put it out in the open.
    Yeah but some times you forget and the auto drain just helps
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Same....I'm terrible at draining the works receiver...the auto drain keeps blocking up (it's fed by a hydrovane screw compressor) and I keep thinking "Must make sure I drain the rc when I get in" and usually miss it till water starts getting through
    You did what !