Thread: Omega Software

Omega Software

Hi I am new to this forum and new to designing. I am a sandblaster in the monument industry and have been for years. I have always had the designs given to me already cut on the plotter and weeded but now am having to learning to do the designs. It's a stupid question I think but it's driving me crazy. For the most part we use Modified Roman & Condensed Roman in allot of our designs and I don't know how to stretch the dash out. I called gerber and the lady told me I would have to design my own and save them to use later...no way that's right. Can someone please help?

I have the predecessor to Omega, Gerber Composer, and yes, there is a feature that allows you to create your own fonts. Yo can take an existing font character, modify (stretch) it and save as a new font character. For just the one character, however, it would be easier to simply enter the dash separately from the rest of the text, stretch it, and overlay it on the original dash. Then increase the spacing before and after. It will cut twice (original and stretched) but when you weed it you will get the desired results.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Thx I appreciate it. That does make sense, it's just something that is done so often in our industry I just figured there was a way to just stretch it without distorting the angles. That will work though.