Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudo's to Jessems router rollers.

Kudo's to Jessems router rollers.

I don't remember what they call them, but the roller/hold in/ sorta feather board things for router tables that Jessem sells impressed me even more than before.

I had used them several times and they hold work down, and next to the fence, as advertised, but yesterday I gave them a tough test.

I am doing a cabinet with the tongue and groove (Sommerfeld) system. I needed to put a tongue on a 68" long, 24 1/2" wide cabinet bottom, and I was all alone. I was concerned about wiggling the thing and messing it up, as the piece was so wide, it hung over the front of the router table and wanted to tip forward, not to mention the length.

I set up the rollers, put a roller stand under one long end, and ran it through. I had to stop and move the stand from side to side, even had to move some lumber out of the way, all while it sat there running, and it still worked. The rollers were tight enough to keep the wood from tilting, and even with all that messing around, never pulled away from the bit. It cut cleanly, and didn't even burn in the places where I stopped.

I should mention that this was pre-finished plywood, so it was slippery.

I was very impressed and highly recommend them.

Rick Potter

I think they are great too Rick.

Another satisfied user. Jessem has some really good quality innovative products.

I have them too and they work great.

George

Love them. Even modified my extension fence with threaded inserts so I can use them on either fence.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I do jointing on the router table a lot, my little jointer is just not that good and when I am making a panel I want it right.

I use the rollers when jointing and they are so nice. May last jointing was on some 3/4" x 48" x 5" ash and it came out so good.
    So for this panel Jessem really came though for me.

Jointed the boards on the router table using the Jessem lift, on the Jessem table with the rollers, then with the Jessem doweling jig put in some dowels and when all finished the panel was flat and all I had to was the finish sanding.

Someone should include a link so the rest of us know what you are talking about. Goggling "Jessems router rollers" doesn't bring up much.

Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 05-02-2014 at 1:25 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It's the second one Larry.

JESSEM CLEAR CUT STOCK GUIDES

No wonder I couldn't remember the proper name.

I bought two sets, and I cannot find the second set. I have seriously looked three times, but I am sure I put them in a safe place . Old age strikes again.

Rick P

Blog Entries
    The Jessem looks to be a very useful accessory.
    I like the price of the first one about 10X better than the Jessem though!
    But thing is, I'd bet the Jessem works about 20 or 30 times better!
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 05-02-2014 at 2:36 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    The Jessem looks to be a very useful accessory.
    I like the price of the first one about 10X better than the Jessem though!
    But thing is, I'd bet the Jessem works about 20 or 30 times better!
    The really neat thing about the Jessem is they are at an angle 5°, so they pull the board into the fence, plus they are one in they will not let the board come back out.

Blog Entries
    The t-track on my router table fence is quite a bit higher than the one shown.(Mine is the NYW design) In fact it looks to me like it probably wouldn't work on mine without some major modification to my fence.
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 05-02-2014 at 3:34 PM.
    Larry J Browning

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    The t-track on my router table fence is quite a bit higher than the one shown.(Mine is the NYW design) In fact it looks to me like it probably wouldn't work on mine without some major modification to my fence.
    Same here. I bought these without considering the limitations of my fence. Now they set in a drawer, as I figure out what I want to do about this fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cowan View Post
    Same here. I bought these without considering the limitations of my fence. Now they set in a drawer, as I figure out what I want to do about this fence.
    As good of a job as they do I would look at adding another T-track to the fence.
    It is like they suck the wood into the fence and hold it down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    As good of a job as they do I would look at adding another T-track to the fence.
    It is like they suck the wood into the fence and hold it down.
    What is the proper height from the table top to the t-track on the fence to get these installed?
    Larry J Browning