Thread: Navigation buttons

Navigation buttons

I am not sure what the consensus is on navigation but here is my opinion. When reading a thread I start at the top and read down to the bottom. At the bottom there is no easy way to get back to the forum I started in; there is a navigation button but if I am in "General Woodworking" I have to click on the bottom right navigation button then move my mouse to where it will scroll down to the forum then click on the forum. THe other option is to click on the "Top" buttom which leaves my mouse at the bottom right then I have to move it to the top left to click on the forum button. It seems like it would be easier, less clicks and faster, if the forum navigation button that is in the top left were also added to the bottom center, or somewhere at the bottom of the page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Quote Originally Posted by Moses Yoder View Post
    I am not sure what the consensus is on navigation but here is my opinion. When reading a thread I start at the top and read down to the bottom. At the bottom there is no easy way to get back to the forum I started in; there is a navigation button but if I am in "General Woodworking" I have to click on the bottom right navigation button then move my mouse to where it will scroll down to the forum then click on the forum. THe other option is to click on the "Top" buttom which leaves my mouse at the bottom right then I have to move it to the top left to click on the forum button. It seems like it would be easier, less clicks and faster, if the forum navigation button that is in the top left were also added to the bottom center, or somewhere at the bottom of the page.
    I am not sure what operating system you are using but I use Windows and I have a mouse with buttons on the side. One of the buttons is back, so when I read a thread and want to go back to where I was I just click the button on the side with my thumb, and I am right back to where I started.

I never have to move the mouse at all, just click the button and I am back.

My mouse also has the back button but I've never gotten into the habit of using it. I have always used the browser back button.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I am using Windows 8.1, Google Chrome browser, on a laptop with a wireless mouse. My mouse has no back button. The browser has a back button but a lot of times I am 2 or 3 pages into a thread and then have to go all the way back to the forum. It is really just a minor inconvenience; the other forums I visit, non-woodworking, are easier to navigate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

I read all threads in separate tabs. Typically middle-click is setup to open the link in a new tab.
    And there was trouble, taking place...