Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Health issues

Glad to hear things are going better Jackie! Keep an eye on him!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

We made it home at 5:30 pm. Things are looking up!!!!!

Jackie

Excellent news Jackie! Hope everyone can relax a bit and enjoy being home!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

GRRRRREAT news. Both of you, Jackie and Keith, take care of yourselves and each other. GOD BLESS both of you.

Wow! Wonderful news! Now maybe he can get some sleep (since it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to sleep in a hospital).
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Keith and Jackie
    Good to hear your going home, take it easy and listen to the Dr. Your on our prayer list.
    Chris

Take it easy and get well soon!
    Chuck Taylor

Man I missed this thread the other day. Sorry for the trouble you are going through but very happy to hear things are looking up. Take it easy and do what the Drs. tell you and you'll be back in action before you know it. Scary stuff for sure.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

I was fortunate to return home from the hospital late Thursday afternoon. I had not expected to be so fortunate and was trying to prepare mentally for the Doctor to make me stay until Saturday morning (Today).

After four days in ICU and three days in a general ward my patience had warn pretty thin in spite of how serious my situation had become. My Doctor decided that when the levels of my medication had reached a certain point he would release me so I asked him to schedule another blood test early in the afternoon on Thursday rather than me have to wait until the next morning. The numbers were very close but I passed the test and was released a day earlier than expected.

Now I'm out of the hospital but far from out of the woods. The next 90 days will provide the necessary time for the medications I am taking to continue the repair that was started in the hospital. At the end of the 90 day period and after another round of tests my situation will be reviewed and the next course of action will be decided. What we are hoping for is that the drugs will do some magic, my heart efficiency will improve and I will be able to stop taking all the medications.... particularly the blood thinner which will keep me out of my workshop due to the increase in risk of bleeding problems.

I'm still very weak and I don't know where I am as far as my ability to walk any particular distance. I'm limited at this point to a ten pound lifting ban so the restrictions pretty much keep me from doing anything other than sitting in the seat of my lawn mower or in my computer chair. I don't expect my energy level to improve quickly at this point because the drugs have to do a lot of work before my heart efficiency can improve.

The good news!

I now have a new level of respect for the simple things in life like the ability to get a shower, shave and take care of simple body functions again. Being connected to machines for several days and relying on hospital personnel to take care of my every need was more difficult that I had ever imagined. I hope that my arms will heal up real quick as I look like a drug addict with holes in every inch of both arms from wrist to the area above my elbows and both arms are black and blue. This morning I am blessed to be an active Member of this Community once again.....I missed all of you and I appreciate the prayers and your wishes for my health to return.

Thanks again for your support,
    Keith

Blog Entries
    Keith, welcome back man. It looks like the Big Guy was looking out for our big guy. I visit the off-topic forum every day and I don't know how I ever missed this thread until this morning. Take it easy, follow Jackie's orders and you will be up and at 'em before you know it. My wife had a triple bypass over 17 years ago and she has been fine since. We expect the same from you. Don't know what we would do without you at the helm. God bless you Keith.
    NOW you tell me...

Glad you're back!

Keith,

Glad to hear you are home... much better for recovery and support. I went through this with my father, and the meds were a hugely complicated but necessary situation. It will work itself out, and you'll get through it. The silver lining as you already are starting to see is a renewed appreciation for those little things in life that are so very important. Take care and my thoughts are with you.

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

you mention sitting on your lawn mower, WILL the sun affect the time limit that you spent outdoors ?

Glad to know you are back Keith! It's amazing how those types of situations can make a guy appreciate the simple things in life! Follow the doctors orders!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Welcome back Keith! Hope the meds do their job and you can get back to doing the things you love! Like Ken stated... follow the doctors orders! Good to have you back on the Creek!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!